Monorail system eyed Cebu

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant the US government. 

Oh! you were clear enough My Friend:smile: but it won't work here in the PI The amount of times we Know, what works in our own Countries is never going to work here. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh! you were clear enough My Friend:smile: but it won't work here in the PI The amount of times we Know, what works in our own Countries is never going to work here. :thumbsup:

Quite true. But am surprised the Phils government doesn't have a similar policy. Seems they do whatever they want anyhow, why not just take the land? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gator said:

why not just take the land? 

Mainly because Land ownership is Paramount and most would not to interfere with this issue, They do have that Law of 'Eminent Domain'

[Compulsory Purchase] we call it in the UK but it is very rarely invoked her As I said in an Earlier Post, they wont use it to Buy a Tree that is obstructing the Runway at Dumaguete Airport and thus endangering Life.

BTW do you know that Land disputes are the Biggest/ most often Motive for Murder her in the PI

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

it is very rarely invoked her

Reminds me of the road the local government is building in Dumaguete near the Chiropractors house.  The old road was/is just fine but there was something wrong with the survey so they decided some poor guy was squatting on the land where the road should have gone.  It has been a year or more that this 'squatter' has been forced to move pieces of his house so the road can be built.  As it sits now, it looks like his front door will open DIRECTLY onto the road (not onto any shoulder).  I would have thought the issue needed to be settled before the road was moved over and have the squatters house bulldozed to the required distance from the right of way

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Gator said:

Quite true. But am surprised the Phils government doesn't have a similar policy. Seems they do whatever they want anyhow, why not just take the land? 

There lies the problem. If foreigners were allowed to own land, then the government could take it.

• Like 4

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Compulsory Purchase orders work well in the UK where ALL land belongs to the crown anyway. In the Philippines land belongs mostly to the wealthy so they make sure they get not just what it's worth but all possible ancillary benefits as well...........

• Like 3

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well that's easy.  As soon as they build islands to put the bridge supports on, China will claim the islands :boom:

then papa Donald will call out the 6th fleet and all will be good in the world again

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Back off Jack! Unclear posts are exclusively my territory. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Back off Jack! Unclear posts are exclusively my territory. 

What can I say to that.jpg What did I Do?:89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On January 24, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Aren't you forgetting where we are my Friend :89:

Jack. :smile:

Morning All:morning1: