It happened in 1970

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I do hope you will not turn this into an argumentative Topic 

It's not something to "argue" about.

A lot of things have happened in history that have  a direct or indirect bearing on things in the future.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Interesting.  I was reading for the month of January and saw where one of the headlines was a new TV station went on the air.  WHAG channel 25 in Hagerstown Maryland.  Never thought of it as national news. That's my hometown with a population back then of maybe 25,000.  I was 10 years old and remember the evening it first came on.  Our whole family set around the tv just to watch nothing of interest.  But the good thing was we could get clearer reception than the farther stations in Washington and Baltimore.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

It's not something to "argue" about.

A lot of things have happened in history that have  a direct or indirect bearing on things in the future.

Then we can agree it IS a worthwhile Topic.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Then we can agree it IS a worthwhile Topic.

I didn't say that. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I didn't say that. 

No! of course not I did & if you can't or won't agree I see little need or reason for you to comment any further as you are obviously not interested in the Topic and will not add anything useful

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:89:To the best of my knowledge anything that I did in 1970 that has any effect on today  is completely false. This is my story no matter what those ladies say.

• Like 4

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

So you are saying you are no better than I am at picking a travel agent?:smile:

I am good at picking travel agents, my Wife comes home on Thursday after 5 weeks in Cebu with family. While i had to stay in NZ enjoying my Can-am side by side on bush trips and out hunting. I will go back next year with her but will only stay a few days to let her family see she still does have a husband. :hystery:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Kiwi-Alan said:

I am good at picking travel agents, my Wife comes home on Thursday after 5 weeks in Cebu with family. While i had to stay in NZ enjoying my Can-am side by side on bush trips and out hunting. I will go back next year with her but will only stay a few days to let her family see she still does have a husband. :hystery:

My post alluded to the fact that at one time my uncle Sam handled my itinerary and travel arrangements and could you believe it? There was plenty of sand but I never saw the water!:hystery:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

No! of course not I did & if you can't or won't agree I see little need or reason for you to comment any further as you are obviously not interested in the Topic and will not add anything useful

it was just for the sake of conversation and my opinion. 

I can think of many things that have happened throughout history but that's why it's called "history". 

What happens in the present and the future is what I concern myself with.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

What happens in the present and the future is what I concern myself with.

Nice thought but, without History there can be No Future :shades: The present would stop and nothing after:smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4