It happened in 1970

mogo51
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

thumbs-up-homer.png Certainly is. I really can't see it getting any better in the foreseeable future either & you know What, I blame the PARENTS

:89: even though, I resemble that remark :hystery:

It goes beyond that Jack, you are basically right, but moreover, the breakdown in the life system such as loss of respect and obedience to law and order, loss of respect in 'professions' such as teachers, police and parents of course etc.  The rise of drugs and society's failure to deal with it.  

More importantly the growth of the 'excesses' of the world and the 'must have it now' attitude of the young (who are the ones blaming us for the bloody mess).

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

More importantly the growth of the 'excesses' of the world and the 'must have it now' attitude of the young (who are the ones blaming us for the bloody mess).

:89: Hmmmmmmm so what part of NO! do WE not understand because this is where it Starts, when we were young NO meant NO :smile: but here and at Home too No seems to mean maybe or Later. Then we have But Dad, Mum Said or visa versa. The Rot is set in and maybe To late to Treat :89:

IMHO

intrepid
Posted
Posted

On 01/02/2017 at 10:51 AM, Jack Peterson said:

While I am giving this some thought confused baby.jpg It is easy to Remember that our elders have always had a thing or two to say about Youth, and Today especially, that is all they have YOUTH! The Thing I notice more than ever here from the UK is that here everyone wants to blame others for misgivings. What ever happened to being Responsible for one's own actions? Just because others do it does not mean they have to do it. Then, have we taught our Youth to "Keep up with the Jones's" because that is what is happening you know? Did we not find ourselves in the Same Situation? only Got 10$ or whatever yet want to spend 15 It is no ones fault Really what is Happening today We from the Last century & Before Invented the Live now and pay later issue and most if not all prospered in our own way from it

So may I finish by saying, We need to help our Offspring's to Control their Spending Not Blame us for their own Stupidity by going OTT then Blaming Us or Anyone else.

JMVHO

BTW I now control the PC usage on Connection by Turning the main Modem off at 11pm. Our Daughter (17) don't like it but as I told her only at the Weekend You want to sit up all night Gobbling up Gigs that we Pay for Get your own Connection.

Guess what, Home work is now done before 11 instead of After the Nightly Chatter on Line Tough, Harsh I hear? NO I took the Bull by the Horns and I really do think she now Understands  fingers crossed.jpg

Jack,

This reminds me of my older children when they were young.  My daughter who is the eldest was made to always wash the dishes and my son, 3 years younger was the dryer.  In her younger years she would ask, "When are we going to get a dishwasher?".  My reply was, "We already have one!".  When she was in her late teens she started asking when we will ever get a dishwasher.  Then I responded after she moves out!   :hystery:   Other than a little financial problems in here early adulthood, turned out to be a pretty darn good citizen.  Proud of both my older children. 

• Like 3