Dumaguete expats in the news again

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I know Dumaguete has a large population of expats but so does Cebu but it just seems they are in the news more than most places. :89:

German national arrested for beating man

A German national was placed behind bars Saturday, allegedly for beating a 43-year-old man, over a misunderstanding in Dumaguete City.

Heinrich Burghard Deutsch Schmitz, 58, a German national and a resident of San Miguel in Bacong, Negros Oriental, was apprehended through a citizen's arrest, by complainant Joven Niala Diego, of Sibulan, with the assistance of the Dumaguete City Police Station, led by Police Officer 2 Carl Lazalita.

Police investigation showed that Schmitz and Diego figured in an accident, and a misunderstanding ensued, that led to the beating incident.

Schmitz is now detained at the Dumaguete City Police Station, a report from the Police Regional Office 18 showed

http://visayandailystar.com/2017/January/23/negor2.htm

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

This is really getting to be a problem in Dumaguete I hope they send this clown back to where he came from. They just arrested a British expat a couple of days ago for arson. If you want to make a fool of yourself do it in your own country. We expats that keep a low profile and don't cause trouble don't like the attention we get due to some "Ugly Expat".

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

There's that "short fuse" problem again.  Craziness! I wonder what will happen with this German national?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Craziness! I wonder what will happen with this German national?

Nothing is my Guess. maybe a Fine and a Slap on the wrist but of Late that is about it.

The Fact that the Other Guy was a City councilor can be taken either way. (Enough said as it could go political)

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We don't know the facts but there's a fair share of moronic Expat's

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

We don't know the facts and and the way I see it, sometimes a good beat down isn't only necessary, it's required. 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

There's that "short fuse" problem again.  Craziness! I wonder what will happen with this German national?

Likely it was a long fuse that had been burning for a long time then finally went :boom:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

Likely it was a long fuse that had been burning for a long time then finally went :boom:

Knowing the attitude and driving habits of many locals I am not surprised. 

There is a time when we must do the 10 count and calm down.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, RBM said:

Knowing the attitude and driving habits of many locals I am not surprised.

Just imagine if the jet packs were in public use.

"Jet pack, rocket belt, rocket pack and similar names are used for various types of devices, usually worn on the back, that are propelled by jets of escaping gases (or in some cases water) to let a single user propel him or herself into the air or fly."

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

We don't know the facts and and the way I see it, sometimes a good beat down isn't only necessary, it's required. 

To be avoided if at all possible when living here.  He is lucky that a bunch of locals didn't jump in and beat him.

We don't know who threw the first punch.  I lived in Germany for a time and many Germans have a direct, in your face, style of "conversation" that could easily be interpreted as aggression here.  And with the Filipino pride involved, it could be the other guy threw a punch and the big German responded.

Pure speculation on my part.

• Like 4