Hope they don't shoot me for it...

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

I'm all for protecting our four legged friends.

o93DXYV.jpg

Been there done it!

Waded through a freezing cold stream in the Welsh hills to save a sheep that probably ended up on somebody's plate!!

I guess the general consensus here is, we would all of done the same.

Tough times Tim, I know exactly what your going through right now, face turned silent treatment :whistling: Stick to your guns, Oh sorry :89:

H'mmmm might be a good time to go on that fishing trip you have been planning :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well it certainly is not a culture thing it is just young thugs in the making.My in-laws are dirt poor but they don`t go around torturing anything.It is bad parenting and a lack of respect for life.

My guess is my inlaws would be appalled, not by the moral aspect, but because as farmers, they understand the value of animals to the family and society's well being.

This thread also makes me guilty, remembering my childhood playing and torturing beetles, ladybugs and spiders. Never thought about it as torture. You know it was "let's see how few legs he can walk on." :smile:

Edited by davewe
  • Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

In retrospect I could have gone to the aunt (the only mature one around) and asked her to deal with it. She would have. Not because the kids were wrong, but because I was upset. Such is life.  :tiphat:

Hindsight is always 20/20. Life is cheap in many forms here unfortunately.  Sometimes local language skills can help get a point across when sorely needed. Frustrating situation though..

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not to go on 

Edited by Queenie O.
Posted twice by mistake

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Not to go on about this, but birds in particular are often a target for abuse here. My husband told me that as a kid, boys always had slingshots and would often go around shooting wild birds in the neighborhood. Heading to the city recently, I've read visible signs along the road in the local language outside of schools, that explain that it's wrong and prohibited to shoot birds with slingshots. This is only many years later. Thoughts on protecting animals and the environment are sorely lacking in the schools. Many of these parents weren't taught as children about these things either.

Of course not all kids here act cruelly like these did.  It will take many years sadly to come around through education, to a more sane and humane ways of doing things in some aspects here.

Tim, you reacted in the best way that you knew, and should not feel bad about it now. Your wife should understand that too.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/24/2017 at 0:29 PM, davewe said:

My guess is my inlaws would be appalled, not by the moral aspect, but because as farmers, they understand the value of animals to the family and society's well being.

This thread also makes me guilty, remembering my childhood playing and torturing beetles, ladybugs and spiders. Never thought about it as torture. You know it was "let's see how few legs he can walk on." :smile:

Don't feel so bad. I used to play surgeon on lizards. "Let's do a transplant."

Edited by Reboot

RBM
Posted
Posted

Stick to your guns Tim, what's done is done and all of us would of done exactly the same. I know many decent locals would also acted you have, great effort let's hope it makes the kids think, some how doubt it.....

• Like 2