Scallywag Doctors

jpbago
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, RBM said:

Guys it's wonderful to take a shower again.

But don't shower by yourself. Keep the pampering going as long as you can. 

I am glad to see you recovering so well. Sometime ago, I saw your bike in the Bantayan Park with a group but I did not know what you looked like nor your name but now I think that I would recognize you if I see you again in the area.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, jpbago said:

But don't shower by yourself. Keep the pampering going as long as you can. 

I am glad to see you recovering so well. Sometime ago, I saw your bike in the Bantayan Park with a group but I did not know what you looked like nor your name but now I think that I would recognize you if I see you again in the area.

Yes love catch up, it's a tenere XTZ 1200 white red tank. Actually the jury is still out if I be riding again or not. Strange as all say just ride the little 250 serow, yet my thinking is one is more likely to have a mishap riding this small bike in the city that the big bike which I only use outside the city. Pedicab are a riders worst enemy....

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Actually the jury is still out if I be riding again or not.

I rode motorcycles for 36 years from a Honda 50 to a Harley Low Rider 1340 but had to stop after being in a car accident going to work as a front seat passenger. I had 7 ribs, both collarbones and sternum fractured but the worst was 2 herniated discs with the one in the neck moderate to large causing spinal compression so I can not risk a further injury to my neck. I had only one minor motorcycle accident in the rain ending up with road rash on my bum.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2017 at 11:29 AM, RBM said:

Today have a neck collar only, already have small neck movement and after a month collar will be history. Guys it's wonderful to take a shower again.

Glad to hear you are golden - umm your recovery, not your shower. Unless you are into that, but we don't want to know...

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It may be of Interest to all, that Doctors here are like Contract Drivers, they can work for any one. Unheeded and Unmarked to say the Least.

If they attend to you as a contract Doctor, (Locums we call them in the UK) they only have to put there visit on your Chart and answer to DOH if it goes wrong. On the cash Side, they do not have to give receipts for money received as they are not employed by the Hospital. Only if you are a patient in their Practice must they give a receipt.  They Are Doctors and will give the Best But...........:89: 

Source! My doctor and the BOI Page on BIR and Doctors.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It may be of Interest to all, that Doctors here are like Contract Drivers, they can work for any one. Unheeded and Unmarked to say the Least.

If they attend to you as a contract Doctor, (Locums we call them in the UK) they only have to put there visit on your Chart and answer to DOH if it goes wrong. On the cash Side, they do not have to give receipts for money received as they are not employed by the Hospital. Only if you are a patient in their Practice must they give a receipt.  They Are Doctors and will give the Best But...........:89: 

Source! My doctor and the BOI Page on BIR and Doctors.

If I am paying someone money for medical care that I am required to report to my insurance company so I can be reimbursed I will ask for a receipt. No bill and receipt... no payment from me.

• Like 3

canadamale
Posted
Posted

ummm what if they ask for a payment/deposit before treatment?

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, canadamale said:

ummm what if they ask for a payment/deposit before treatment?

You should always get a receipt, especially if you are paying cash. If the charge is on my credit card then that is documenting the payment and I don't HAVE to have a receipt but I always ask. It only takes a short time in the Philippines before you realize you need to keep all your receipts, especially when dealing with the government, because they will ask for the original receipt to document payment. Filipino's should understand the need for a receipt.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

You should always get a receipt, especially if you are paying cash. If the charge is on my credit card then that is documenting the payment and I don't HAVE to have a receipt but I always ask. It only takes a short time in the Philippines before you realize you need to keep all your receipts, especially when dealing with the government, because they will ask for the original receipt to document payment. Filipino's should understand the need for a receipt.

Few would disagree how ever if one is semi  incapacitated and reliant on his better half and receipts would not be a priority. 

This ortho is a scallywag no doubt, now my option is to return steel halo and demand a receipt, or leave halo in car I form him no receipt no halo......No receipt means no reimbursement from insurance for P25K.

Comments welcome