TIM! Now look what you started....

Bruce
Posted
Posted
‘Please don’t eat the chickens’
Evelyn Macairan (The Philippine Star) - January 25, 2017 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines – The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) staged a demonstration in Sta. Cruz, Manila yesterday to convince people not to eat chicken.

The PETA members were confined in a cage measuring one square meter. Signs around the cage read, “Relate to Chicken’s Fate. Try Vegan. PETA”. :hystery:

“This year is the Year of the Rooster or Chicken. Through our demonstration we are showing the maltreatment of chickens in the farms. They are placed inside small, tight cages where they do not have enough space to spread their wings,” said Jana Sevilla of PETA. 

The animal rights group said chickens are genetically manipulated and dosed with antibiotics and other chemicals that make them grow so large in such a short period of time that many suffer from organ failure or become crippled under their own weight.

After six weeks in these conditions, they are roughly thrown into cages that are stacked on the back of a truck and then shipped through all types of weather to a slaughterhouse, PETA said.

PETA hopes people turn away from eating animal meat and eat vegetables instead. :9436:

Read more at http://www.philstar.com/nation/2017/01/25/1665159/please-dont-eat-chickens#MM5l8bPDuss5DFpi.99
  • Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I think they do the same to pigs and cows and feed them hormones, many of which are harmful to humans.

Not all fish are from the sea. Some are grown in fish farms where they are fed junk.

It's getting to where many things are not safe to eat. Even vegetables.

So, what do we do? What do we eat?

Even our rivers and land are being polluted with toxic waste.

Oh well,

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Caged chickens! Okay, I will eat free range chickens and eggs. The problem is this won't satisfy PETA who wants to ban all killing of animals, poultry and fish.

I didn't know PETA is now in the Philippines = land of the lechon. Maybe the international organization is providing funds to the local group.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Not all fish are from the sea. Some are grown in fish farms where they are fed junk.

Including pig feces!!!

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Including pig feces!!!

I did not know this. 

However, I used to enjoy Tilapia. SM stopped stocking it. I wondered why. A neighbor said that Tilapia was from  fish farms and not good to eat. I looked it up and yes, sure enough some Tilapia does come from fish farms. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Ain't my fault. I was vegetarian for 27 years and never liked PETA, or anyone preaching what others should or should not eat.

I did donate to Greenpeace while I was in the Navy, but that was just to get some Greenpeace stickers to decorate the ship with! ha ha.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I think they do the same to pigs and cows and feed them hormones, many of which are harmful to humans.

It's getting to where many things are not safe to eat. Even vegetables.

So, what do we do? What do we eat?

Even our rivers and land are being polluted with toxic waste.

Oh well,

A friend of mine told why he stop eating meat years ago.

He met a salesman in a hotel he was staying in and during their conversations, the salesman explained his job was selling animal feed to farmer's.

I can't remember the exact ratio but say 10 sacks of feed (including hormones) and 1 sack of "De-hormonal feed".

Apparently the latter was used to clear up hormones in the cattle before slaughter.

Quite often he said, the salesman would receive an order, without the "De-hormonal feed!

That's when my friend decided to eat less meat.

So yes "What do we do? what do we eat?".....Just an observation, Filipino kids, especially the lads here in the UK are growing much taller than their parent's!

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Ain't my fault. I was vegetarian for 27 years and never liked PETA, or anyone preaching what others should or should not eat.

I did donate to Greenpeace while I was in the Navy, but that was just to get some Greenpeace stickers to decorate the ship with! ha ha.  :tiphat:

And a ticket out the Navy :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyone Remember the UK Mad Cow issue. There were deaths but not as many as were reported I am sure. It covered a lot of things that were I suspect non related but served the purpose, Did we all stop eating Red Meat NO?

Well beef was certainly off the menu in a lot of houses Jack for a while.

Same with the egg scare.....remember Edwina Currie :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
the wrong Curry
  • Like 3