TIM! Now look what you started....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Well beef was certainly off the menu in a lot of houses Jack for a while.

Odd you say That as we had it in the Mess as long as it was off the Bone. It became very cheap and a lot of Military kitchens bought it and had it tested ( they could afford it) You know the saying "Every Cloud has silver Lining" but yes I do agree many households were worried but then, that is propaganda that earned a Lot from Alternatives. the Eggs we never got but plenty of Chicken :smile: 

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I think if water was invented today, someone would say it is bad for you and try to ban it.

• Like 4

canadamale
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Well beef was certainly off the menu in a lot of houses Jack for a while.

Same with the egg scare.....remember Edwina Currie :thumbsup:

in Alberta my home province. We had a premier Ralph Klien, a case of mad cow decease was discovered on a farm in the Peace River district. Ralph's comment was shoot, shovel and shut up, For which he drew a lot of slack in the press. One of my first jobs was loading chickens from the barn into the truck for the trip to the killing plant, some nights we would load up to 30000 chickens. Hormones, cancer from plastic, jeepney fumes it is all killing us faster than our parents. I do not believe anyone knows where it will end, but till then we all still have to eat.  

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

Sometimes I think if water was invented today, someone would say it is bad for you and try to ban it.

In some cases it is!

Just depends where you live in the third world countries, in Olde England centuries ago they would ferment it to make ale (Beer) as that purified it!

Well that's the excuse they used. :cheers:

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted

IMG_2640.JPG

Thanks guys - I learned something new today! I always thought PETA meant People Eating Tasty Animals! :crack-up:

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

Too late. There is already a movement to ban water or H20 is Dihydrogen Monoxide

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE - THE INVISIBLE KILLER!

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year.

What are the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Facts

Dihydrogen monoxide:

• is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
  • contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
  • may cause severe burns.
  • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
  • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
  • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Alerts

Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In the midwest alone DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Uses

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

• as an industrial solvent and coolant.
  • in nuclear power plants.
  • in the production of styrofoam.
  • as a fire retardant.
  • in many forms of cruel animal research.
  • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
  • as an additive in certain junk-foods and other food products.

Stop the horror - Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

THE HORROR MUST BE STOPPED!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its importance to the economic health of this nation. In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know CAN hurt you and others throughout the world.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Guy F. said:
15 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Not all fish are from the sea. Some are grown in fish farms where they are fed junk.

Including pig feces!!!

Large commercial pig farms in the Philippines are designed so that workers hose the concrete pens and the feces are channeled to a pond as feed for tilapia. The USA and EU no longer do it because of health concerns.  The feces are channeled to holding tanks for the production of bio-gas. There is enough produced to power generators producing electricity for the farm.

Small pig farms rely on "slop" which is the waste food from households and restaurants. This cuts feed costs.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

In some cases it is!

Just depends where you live in the third world countries, in Olde England centuries ago they would ferment it to make ale (Beer) as that purified it!

Well that's the excuse they used. :cheers:

And the Romans used to make wine and that was their excuse.Nice one John.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

And the Romans used to make wine and that was their excuse.Nice one John.

Absolutely, and in Roman times if you didn't live on a farm you probably never drank milk.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

As if our society isn't obese enough we feed livestock candy. 

Came across this when reading my news app:

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/the-story-of-a-huge-skittles-spill-on-a-freeway-just-keeps-getting-weirder

• Like 1