ANYONE RECOMMEND AN INSURANCE COMPANY

Alex Zarycki
Posted
Posted

Hello All

New to this forum. I am from Canada and just recently started living here. I am married to a Filipina and we are currently residing in Bulacan. Can anyone out there advise me of the best health insurance to get here for my wife and myself?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Alex

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Alex Zarycki said:

Can anyone out there advise me of the best health insurance to get here for my wife and myself?

Welcome.

Its been discussed on the forum before and I don't believe a general consensus has ever been reached.  Members use many different methods and one of the most common is to get PhilHealth and self finance for the difference.  Of course your opinion will be different that anyone else's so have a search for "Health Insurance" and see what comes up.  You will find some options.  Or wait a while and people will post the same thing again LOL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

No matter what private health care you get, they will rob you!!!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

No matter what private health care you get, they will rob you!!!

Care to elaborate?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Safest Insurance by far:Visa_Mastercard_1.jpg :thumbsup: :popcorn:

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted

There is no one size fits all.  Like asking which car is best?  Cash or like Jack said, credit cards are always good and accepted.  Everyone has to decide for himself how much cash is in reserve and what risk you are willing to take.  That said, this is my opinion, for me, it I can make it work,...for me.  PhilHealth for a starter with plenty of cash in reserve and a backup credit card if the cash is not available.  I have a secondary catastrophic insurance with a very high deductible that will most anything major after the deductible is met.  You will just have to research all the available plans and decide what is best for you.  Part of the fun.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, intrepid said:

There is no one size fits all.  Like asking which car is best?  Cash or like Jack said, credit cards are always good and accepted.  Everyone has to decide for himself how much cash is in reserve and what risk you are willing to take.  That said, this is my opinion, for me, it I can make it work,...for me.  PhilHealth for a starter with plenty of cash in reserve and a backup credit card if the cash is not available.  I have a secondary catastrophic insurance with a very high deductible that will most anything major after the deductible is met.  You will just have to research all the available plans and decide what is best for you.  Part of the fun.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

This is the Best answer yet. 

Your current age and current health condition might play a part. 

Good Luck and Welcome.

Mabuhay  

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Care to elaborate?

You see repeated reports on this and other forums of failure to honour genuine medical claims by Health Insurance Companies.  For many years I was an Insurance Investigator in Australia.  From experience, I know that Insurance Companies, health or otherwise will do whatever they can to not pay genuine claims.  I don't have a problem with fraudulent ones, but Insurance Companies are dishonourable whenever they can be.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes that is my plan also, Phil Health, then keep some cash in reserve, if something major and I can travel, fly back to Oz and let them sort me out there.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Yes that is my plan also, Phil Health,

For newcomers or those that maybe don't Understand the inner workings of Philhealth it really isn't an Insurance company per-say. It is a Government Initiated Discount Scheme for In patients (Those patients with Hospital stay of a period set by the hospital) When your Bill is ready for Paying in Full (they normally ask a Down payment) The Administration and Phil health agree a Payment from Philhealth and the balance, you pay. Now all this can be Argued with the cash office as they are/should be willing to negotiate a better figure from Philhealth when you have sat and Scrutinized the account (Odd how things can Creep in unnoticed at times [ever taken a kiddy shopping] :huh:)

The only thing you wont get help with is the Doctor, they have to be paid in cash.

Here endeth the lesson :whistling:

Jack :smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 5