ANYONE RECOMMEND AN INSURANCE COMPANY

davewe
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I never actually Quoted anything I was merely pointing out that out is a Discount Card Really and the more your account is the more they will pay. Sometimes they will quote a figure before settlement but it is an each case equation. 

Having said that it is a good thing to have :thumbsup:

In a way most American health insurance plans are similar. I have a high deductible plan through my cheap-assed Fortune 500 company. So, until I get to a fairly large annual deductible, I pay for everything. However, the insurance company contracts with hospitals, doctors, etc. So, for example if the doctor's bill is $100 (and it never is) by the time it goes through the insurance company and comes to me for payment, it might be $70. For many Americans that is the main benefit to health insurance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Jo
Posted
Posted

Hi folks, i have been a resident in the Philipines for 22 years and benefit from my Wife's Philhealth , but nowadays we take several trips out of the country to neighbouring SE Asian nations, usually two weeks at a rime. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that is reliable as we are not getting any younger and feel the need that we should be covered for medical, hospital and repatriation should it be necessary. I have had a few quotes from overseas companies but they are wanting about $300 for two weeks, which seems rather a lot to me.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Jo said:

Can anyone recommend an insurance company

I merged your topic with one of the other identical threads we have had lately.  You can scroll back through the previous posts to find some answers and maybe ask the posters some specific questions.

Welcome to the forum

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Jo said:

Hi folks, i have been a resident in the Philipines for 22 years and benefit from my Wife's Philhealth , but nowadays we take several trips out of the country to neighbouring SE Asian nations, usually two weeks at a rime. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that is reliable as we are not getting any younger and feel the need that we should be covered for medical, hospital and repatriation should it be necessary. I have had a few quotes from overseas companies but they are wanting about $300 for two weeks, which seems rather a lot to me.

Blue cross is now known as Pacific cross but might be what you're looking for. http://www.pacificcross.com.ph/#home

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Blue cross is now known as Pacific cross but might be what you're looking for. http://www.pacificcross.com.ph/#home

I had them for 2 years. Our policy expired on Jan 16/17 and they never sent me a renewal. Even last year, I had to write them to ask for a renewal and then they sent me a small jpg picture of my renewal. It could not be read, as it was too small. I guess they don't have a scanner.

Dave Jo
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I merged your topic with one of the other identical threads we have had lately.  You can scroll back through the previous posts to find some answers and maybe ask the posters some specific questions.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you Dave

Dave Jo
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thanks a lot. I will look into it

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The agent I get my car insurance from in Angeles City told me he is also a Blue Cross / Pacific Cross agent.  He is European and a lot of expats swear by him.  The big difference is that he will go to bat for you with you have a claim, whereas you are on your own if you go direct to Pacific Cross.  (This is what I am told as I have not had a claim yet).  I think the cost is the same as he gets his commission from Pacific Cross.

He also has travel insurance.  I am going to meet with him soon about Pacific Cross and travel insurance.

snowridr
Posted
Posted (edited)

PacificCross Royale plan info:

http://www.pacificcross.com.ph/PCWService/Content/PDF/20161229074828Blue Royale Brochure_FULL_2016-06 (Jun04)_P2016-10_web.pdf

Edited by snowridr
typo - their reps will drill it into your heads it is no longer Blue Cross, it is Pacific Cross :/

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, snowridr said:

Oh my tired eyes, on first read I thought it said "Pacific Blue Cross Royale pain in the:" :hystery: