Information needed for stroke victim

jammyboy
Posted
Posted

I am a new poster on her so hello.

I am living in thailand for 4 months of the year , and have been for over 20 years now. my cousin david also used to live here , but re located to the philippines around 10 years ago. 

I have been informed by his wife that he had a stroke almost 2 years now already, he cannot talk and is severely limited on his right side , he as no money maybe a little pension , as already lost his car and home ,and as no medication or therapy. now living with relatives , no insurance for reasons i prefer not to speak of, my question is this...... can anyone give advice regarding getting him back to the uk or help in phii charitable organisations etc.

He was in the merchant navy in the uk.

thanks  

jammyboy
Posted
Posted

Firstly thanks very much for your reply and your concern, I will try to answer some of the points you raised.

I only found out is real problem this week through skype through his wife , and only by text  not talking he cannot talk, he has underlying health problems being hiv positive,  so not allowed insurance,  he is married as far as I know and as two children, she sent me a photo and he looks 20 years older than his age I have changed the name because of his status, I think he is near clark in the  phillipines, he has family in uk but I cannot contact them ,  and I doubt they would help which saddens me they have not got on for years.

In this uncaring world money is the problem here she...is wife...told me they had nothing, I recently helped a phillipino girl who needs a liver transplant in the Philippines through gofundme my friend in Bangkok a photo journalist for habitat started the fund which is still ongoing , so I know a little about helping your own first.

I am in the dark about most of what is happening to david , but I do know it is his right side affected, if he could get back to the uk on a normal flight I could help him financially , if it was a medivac I couldn't,  I am not rich by any means, but I  am very concerned for his welfare as he is family, I will try to get more details from his wife, but seeing her online is sporadic he cannot use the computer she is his eyes and ears, she did say she had been to the embassy, the problem she sees is who would look after him if he did get back to the uk.

Many thanks....jim.

• Like 1