Now at S&R

jpbago
Posted
Posted

SM has Tostidos medium salsa, with chips to match.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We can get a Frito-Lay brand picante sauce at Robinson's. I forget the name... but would much rather have Pace!  I only have 2 pickles left so it is about time for an S&R run anyway :tiphat: 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

Tostidos medium salsa

Blaaaaa, I gave the tostidos salsa to my brother in law, he wouldn't know real salsa if it bite him on the ankle :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Today at S&R I found Pace Picante Salsa. They only stocked the mild variety, but if you a salsa fan, any PACE is better than none.

Thought I would pass the word.

We have a lot of salsa to choose here at Royal Duty Free, but they come and go.  Some of the U.S name brand ones are expensive and I won't pay the price, but there are others to try.  The latest one I like is Raley's Southwest, from the U.S. supermarket.   I don't like some of the other southwest styles but this one is just right, for a mild salsa.  For a hotter one, they have Herdez Salsa Ranchera, made in Mexico.

They started getting Raley's goods a few months ago and everything I have tried has been good.

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

"That's not Pace Picante Sauce--why that stuff's made in New York City!"  Remember those old commercials about the great taste of Pace...:smile: I'll be on the lookout for it at our S & R here Scott.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I make my own salsa too, but prefer Pace. The stuff I make always is more like pico, than salsa... and the cilantro here just doesn't taste quite right.

I used to cook for Chili's and their salsa is made, to their own recipe, by Pace. Then we add stuff to it at the restaurant so even Pace does not have the whole recipe ha ha.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Problem with all these things, you have to be quick to shop 'Here today gone tomorrow'  OR " The Early Bird catches the worm" :thumbsup: 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

I make my own salsa too, but prefer Pace. The stuff I make always is more like pico, than salsa... and the cilantro here just doesn't taste quite right.

I used to cook for Chili's and their salsa is made, to their own recipe, by Pace. Then we add stuff to it at the restaurant so even Pace does not have the whole recipe ha ha.

Yep gotta have Good cilantro (and garlic, along w/ some Good peppers)

• Like 3