Now at S&R

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 29/01/2017 at 2:39 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Problem with all these things, you have to be quick to shop 'Here today gone tomorrow'  OR " The Early Bird catches the worm" :thumbsup: 

True!  And some items they must have gotten on closeout because some they never get them again.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Gaisano has the "HOT Pace Picante Sauce" in Davao. The big Gaisano known as The G Mall.

But, I also make my own hot sauce.

Sometimes with cilantro

Sometimes with oregano

always with garlic, onion, fresh tomato, and a little salt

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2017 at 8:58 AM, Queenie O. said:

"That's not Pace Picante Sauce--why that stuff's made in New York City!"  

"GET A ROPE"

Yes, Queenie. Right On

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

"GET A ROPE"

Yes, Queenie. Right On

You know Gratefuled-- I found some last week at the S&R in Cebu! I bought the mild one. Then when I got home I'd forgotten some tortilla chips! I'll just set it aside till I find some good ones.:smile:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

In the absence of hot sauce I found some JALAPENOS (very hot). TRAPPEY'S JALAPENOS. They are sold whole or sliced. 

I found these to be very hot and good. Better than any from Mexico. 

I like hot spicy food but I am not a glutton for punishment. It has to complement my meal. 

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I sometimes miss the convenience of picking up everything you've mentioned here - waltz into any TX Kroger and there it all is, Pace, Trappey's, Mezzetta, La Victoria, Herdez, San Marcos, La Costena, the entire Frito Lay line, etc., ha. We're gonna have to check out one of those S&Rs some day, are all locations pretty much stocked the same? Yeah, I know, YRMV, heh!

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Salsa is easy to make, folks. And last time I was there, all the ingredients were commonly available. Fresh is much better anyway. 

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, SNAFU said:

Yeah, I sometimes miss the convenience of picking up everything you've mentioned here - waltz into any TX Kroger and there it all is, Pace, Trappey's, Mezzetta, La Victoria, Herdez, San Marcos, La Costena, the entire Frito Lay line, etc., ha. We're gonna have to check out one of those S&Rs some day, are all locations pretty much stocked the same? Yeah, I know, YRMV, heh!

Yes Snafu, I think that all S&Rs carry the same items--maybe not all at the same time. Scott was seeing Pace before we did in Cebu. I think that the Manila area branches might have even more choices. They even get balsam Christmas trees shipped in from the American Northwest at Christmas that we don't!

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My wife has an S & R card and the only time I use it is to buy Brats and ham, frozen strawberries and frozen peaches. Then, I get a pizza on the way out. 

Frozen strawberries and peaches for my blender. I mix with mango, OJ, and banana.

Brats for HotDogs and ham for sandwiches.

Wife does her shopping separately.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Our local SM Mall (Sukat, Paranaque) now has an S$R outlet for pizza and the other main items sold at the main stores, so keep your eyes peeled, hopefully they will come to your local SM also

• Like 1