It ain't all bad

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Contrary to popular belief (mainly because it was an Option I could have chosen) Today I sat both Written and Practical Driving tests, I passed First time. Yes I am Proud at my Age and Disadvantage [UK drives on the left] Once I had gotten the Drift from this site. Thinking opposite was the game. 

http://www.ltodrivingexam.com/reviewer/english/

Anyone who has to do the test should visit this site and see how they get on.

Just saying :huh:

Jack:smile:

Late on parade as I have been at LTO most of the day:mellow:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Contrary to popular belief (mainly because it was an Option I could have chosen) Today I sat both Written and Practical Driving tests, I passed First time. Yes I am Proud at my Age and Disadvantage [UK drives on the left] Once I had gotten the Drift from this site. Thinking opposite was the game. 

Please post the exact roads you will be driving on so that we can avoid a head on collision.  Thank you.

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

On the first question they made a mistake! They left out  " Stand on the expressway and flag down passing drivers for help "

I would do that..:mocking: Not the expressway, but there really is no expressway in our area...

Most of these rules don't apply here but you did good Jack!:smile: Some questions were kind of laughable if you apply them to here, or is that just me?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

On the first question they made a mistake! They left out  " Stand on the expressway and flag down passing drivers for help "

I would do that..:mocking: Not the expressway, but there really is no expressway in our area...

Most of these rules don't apply here but you did good Jack!:smile: Some questions were kind of laughable if you apply them to here, or is that just me?

Thank You. Yes, it is a rather silly common sense? test but it is what it is and as you can see from the Link anyone that has ever driven anywhere as I have for 5 years really needs to look at how the handle the Questions.

I was told that even when converting a foreign licence they may be making this a test for all so as to see if a Foreign Driver can cope with this issue here. 

I Urge you all to have a go at the Link I put up. it may surprise you.

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I did not realise that you had to sit for the practical test if you are licensed in your or another country.  In my case, both?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, mogo51 said:

I did not realise that you had to sit for the practical test if you are licensed in your or another country.  In my case, both?

Problem was I could not convert my Spanish Licence because of the Translation and it Expired during the time I was here then because of Age, I needed a medical in Spain to renew. Too much hassle so I went full Hog and did it their way (LTO) and for once, I came out ahead.

You have no need yet to sit a Practical or written test when converting but time will come I am sure, that it will happen Kev (Sonjack) had to Sit the Written but for the Life of me I can't remember why? maybe he will shed some light on it He is probably the Last of members to Convert under the new Rules.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I don't think I would have had to do either the written or the practical in Danao Cebu:whistling:, even if my license expired, but in any case I converted an about to expire license in Dumaguete.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

but in any case I converted an about to expire license in Dumaguete.

Then none of this will concern you My friend but things are changing :shades:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Problem was I could not convert my Spanish Licence because of the Translation and it Expired during the time I was here then because of Age, I needed a medical in Spain to renew. Too much hassle so I went full Hog and did it their way (LTO) and for once, I came out ahead.

You have no need yet to sit a Practical or written test when converting but time will come I am sure, that it will happen Kev (Sonjack) had to Sit the Written but for the Life of me I can't remember why? maybe he will shed some light on it He is probably the Last of members to Convert under the new Rules.

I send him a PM and ask. Thanks Jack.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Was the driving test an actual driving test or chat a bit and pay the fee? Bike or car, how did it go? (My wife will be going to get her permanent soon)