It ain't all bad

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Was the driving test an actual driving test or chat a bit and pay the fee? Bike or car, how did it go? (My wife will be going to get her permanent soon)

Actual Road test around the LTO Area. There is a map at LTO In the Exam Room (on the far left of the Window Areas) showing the Route so people can familiarize themselves before had also the Road signs are on the wall there. It went well. the Examiner knew before hand that I was UK and therefore still a bit nervous of Driving on the opposite side but I said OH! it's OK I lived in Spain so it is not the Road I worry about it is all the chaotic Traffic here, He Laughed and said well Sir jack, you did OK I am going to pass you.

At first I thought I had dropped a Boo Boo when I asked him to put his seat belt on before we set off. I think that was part of the Test actually cos he smiled a very cheeky smile :whistling:

Best of Luck to your Wife my friend. :smile:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Best of Luck to your Wife my friend. :smile:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Any idea how they do the driving test on a motorcycle? She has never been behind the wheel of a car. I didn't see anyone testing the couple times we were there. THe testers were standing and a few people went over to them looked at some paperwork and that's it.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

THe testers were standing and a few people went over to them looked at some paperwork and that's it.

I am just not sure what they do, maybe it was like when I did my M/C test over 50 years ago, you drive and they Look, Maybe even having look outs around the Area. It would explain why I noticed a lot M/C's not exactly in control of the Bikes. I don't think Kev (Sonjack) did a practical as he Converted an in-force Licence, When he gets back from the Gym maybe he can fill us in. 

From what I gather not all have a practical, They seem to know who needs to be tested and I think a lot of it for M/C's is the Written test. I had to take it because it was a Car and a New Licence application. (And I guess a Foreigner from the UK)

What I will say is it is exactly the same route as cars.

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

maybe it was like when I did my M/C test over 50 years ago, you drive and they Look

Best I can remember when I did mine in the States they had cones set up in a parking lot and there was certain maneuvers you had to accomplish while going through the course. I think part of the problem is the answer is different based on applicant and official combination at the time. I will just tell my wife not to worry and just pull up to LTO one day without her expecting it, won't have time to worry then LOL

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I send him a PM and ask. Thanks Jack.

On the handing in of license thing Jack, I have a Thai and a Aussie license (which I would like to keep) I should just hand in Thai license obviously???

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I have a Thai and a Aussie license (which I would like to keep) I should just hand in Thai license obviously???

Just be careful you don't get caught out with Arrival date should you ever use the Aus passport. The PNP and other enforcers are getting a little better trained to what to seek.

Just saying:shades:

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Jack--do you think that in the future, anyone having to renew their Philippine license would have to go through this? I hope not.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Jack--do you think that in the future, anyone having to renew their Philippine license would have to go through this? I hope not.

Never let your Licence expire as this is what the link says; Expired Licence needs retest

Stay One Step ahead always 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Actual Road test around the LTO Area. There is a map at LTO In the Exam Room (on the far left of the Window Areas) showing the Route so people can familiarize themselves before had also the Road signs are on the wall there.

Did the place the road signs back out on the street prior to the test :hystery:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did the place the road signs back out on the street prior to the test :hystery:

Not yet, I need a hand. Gosh I will get you to Dumaguete one day:smile:

• Like 1