Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Hey after 5pm time to grab a super Dry! 

I suppose you could twist my arm!

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I prefer the Red Horse over any of the San Migs...although among the ones I've had the dry isn't bad.

BobP
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the San Mig price info y'all.  I am in the States and can't believe how cheap the prices are!  Wow!  Are they served cold?  LOL.   

BobP
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gas said:

Which San Migs? 

Sorry.  I don't really know the different choices.  I was just curious about beer prices in general and "San Migs" seem to be popular.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sadly I haven't had a beer while visiting Cebu in a long time. Next visit I need someone to "educate " me!

The regular Pale Pilsen is good but I find Extra Dry my first choice.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Ohh Dave, you have swallowed a couple of razor blades me thinks!!!!

Just so you are not hanging on the end of the line for too long Kev it means ' on the contrary my friend'

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

What is super dry,I have not seen it anywhere.

It is when you are very thirsty Kev and need to drink heaps of Pils!!!!

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, BobP said:

Are they served cold?  LOL.   

Not always. For me, if it is not cold, then I don't want it but the locals like to drink Red Horse or Eagle with ice that melts in 2 minutes so they end up drinking 50/50 Red Horse /water. I tell them that the beer scientists did not intend the flavor/alcohol content to be diluted. For me, I don't put ice in whiskey or any other hard liquor. I see they have Emperador now in beer bottle size advertised as 6X stronger than beer.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

I tell them that the beer scientists did not intend the flavor/alcohol content to be diluted.

In most cases that makes sense, but if that Red Horse is not diluted I'd be throwing up in no time.  That Red Horse seems to have double or more the alcohol content of a SM Pilsen

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In most cases that makes sense, but if that Red Horse is not diluted I'd be throwing up in no time.  That Red Horse seems to have double or more the alcohol content of a SM Pilsen

I think that Red Horse and Colt 45 are around 7 %. Remember when Brador came out in Canada at 6 % to be the strongest. Myself, I prefer 4.5 to 5 %. Seven beer at 5% is better than five beer at 7 %. Growing up at the US border, we used to drink a lot of 3.2%, not because we liked it but because it was easier to get.

• Like 1