Bottled Gas

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a bit of trivia and to let you know inflation is alive and well in the P.I. Our gas bottle for cooking ran out last night half way through dinner, as it always seems to do. Went and got a refill, the price was 748 pesos, last one we bought was 4th Sept 2016 so we get about 5 months per bottle and we eat at home a fair bit, the price for the last one was 610 pesos so there's been a bit of a hike in the price.

Edited by frosty (chris)
Can't add up
  • Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have a spare bottle as I get miffed when it runs out half way through cooking something.Even though we live very near the main rd it has been difficult toget a delivery so I ask my neighbour to get it now in his motorbike and side cart.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

the price for the last one was 610 pesos so there's been a bit of a hike in the price.

Just for information and their reason;

https://business.inquirer.net/154871/lpg-prices-rise-due-to-tight-supply-gasoline-diesel-price-hikes-seen :89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jpbago said:

But the price of beer went down.

:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, jpbago said:

But the price of beer went down.

A very good point, starting today I will drink 138 beers and I will be back to square one again, see everything has a silver lining:7500:

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted

I don't think it is so much inflation as market forces. Even in the middle of a flood there is a drought somewhere. Sometimes it's an engineered drouhgt.:whistling:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

That was four years ago. But no matter the price of beer is definitely down.:7500:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

That was four years ago. But no matter the price of beer is definitely down.:7500:

I work on the presumption that if things don't change they will stay as they are and as no one, has offered a new policy or updated news on gas then things are as they were but yes the good news is that things have changed on Beer at least :smile:

jack :shades:

Morning All:morning1: 

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

Just a bit of trivia and to let you know inflation is alive and well in the P.I. Our gas bottle for cooking ran out last night half way through dinner, as it always seems to do. Went and got a refill, the price was 748 pesos, last one we bought was 4th Sept 2016 so we get about 5 months per bottle and we eat at home a fair bit, the price for the last one was 610 pesos so there's been a bit of a hike in the price.

That is a pretty big price hike, but price of gas has risen globally recently.  Last time I got one here in Thailand it was about 550 pesos from memory, don't use one now.

• Like 2