Bottled Gas

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

That is a pretty big price hike, but price of gas has risen globally recently.  Last time I got one here in Thailand it was about 550 pesos from memory, don't use one now.

I was a surprised too, the price of fuel ( was 37 pesos  per lt now 44 ) has been on the rise as well what with global oil prices on the up and up. The gas price when worked out monthly is only around 150 pesos p.m. so I figure that's reasonable. Also the refills are easy to get, we have 2 outlets here in our Sub Div.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Here the regular sized gasul last month was close to 800, because in the province they tack on an extra surcharge for delivery costs from the city. We keep an extra tank in our storage building/toolshop outside so that we don't have to stop during my cooking/baking to get a new one.:smile:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't know about you lot, but I only use one bottle of gas every 6 months and I'm due for one sometime in February.  So the price hike is negligible in annual terms.

The price hikes that annoy me are the Ceres bus from here to Cebu.  (Well from where the ferry crosses to Cebu in truth).  It was 175 pesos three years ago and has crept up, peso by peso to 200 pesos and no end in sight. And during that time the price of fuel DROPPPED!!

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Here the regular sized gasul last month was close to 800, because in the province they tack on an extra surcharge for delivery costs from the city. We keep an extra tank in our storage building/toolshop outside so that we don't have to stop during my cooking/baking to get a new one.:smile:

It is safer to keep the gashul tank outside than inside in case of a small leak and a build up of gas, notice at the service outlets, the tanks are in a cage outside.

As to the tank price, 5 years ago we paid  P920, and we go thru a tank every 3 months. We don't use the stove for rice either or else we would go thru a tank in 6 weeks.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, jpbago said:

It is safer to keep the gashul tank outside than inside in case of a small leak and a build up of gas, notice at the service outlets, the tanks are in a cage outside.

As to the tank price, 5 years ago we paid  P920, and we go thru a tank every 3 months. We don't use the stove for rice either or else we would go thru a tank in 6 weeks.

Yes best to keep outside. I guess they don't want some idiot backing up into them at those service outlets.

We go through a tank every month, but we only cook indoors, and out in the province we don't eat out until we go to the city. An oven uses up gasul more quickly too.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I've just refilled a 22kg for P1420, this lasts approx 3 months, with oven use, also make lots of tea and coffee during the day with stove top kettle. I also keep a 11kg spare in the shed to use during the change over period, sometimes up to 5 days. We have the bottle outside, far safer, with a cage built around it so the dogs can't chew the pipe!!

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, virginprune said:

I've just refilled a 22kg for P1420, this lasts approx 3 months, with oven use, also make lots of tea and coffee during the day with stove top kettle. I also keep a 11kg spare in the shed to use during the change over period, sometimes up to 5 days. We have the bottle outside, far safer, with a cage built around it so the dogs can't chew the pipe!!

We got an 11 kg on Jan 27th for 621 inc. delivery.  I think for pickup it was 590, and this is the same price as we paid on the last one.  So I guess this price hike was after that.

I'm happy to see the cost of fuel rising.  Every time I go fill up the car and it costs more, I love it.  I'm sitting on some large losses in investments in oil & gas companies in the U.S.  I knew they would eventually come back, and I think I am over 50% recovered now.

Sorry, selfish, I know.  :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We got an 11 kg on Jan 27th for 621 inc. delivery.  I think for pickup it was 590, and this is the same price as we paid on the last one.  So I guess this price hike was after that.

I'm happy to see the cost of fuel rising.  Every time I go fill up the car and it costs more, I love it.  I'm sitting on some large losses in investments in oil & gas companies in the U.S.  I knew they would eventually come back, and I think I am over 50% recovered now.

Sorry, selfish, I know.  :SugarwareZ-037:

You are not alone. I bet there are more than few who have some oil in their portfolio/ retirement / 401k. I'm seeing signs of a roller coaster coming. It's been tough being an owner in production. People with some deep pockets have been wanting to buy me out right now!

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We got an 11 kg on Jan 27th for 621 inc. delivery.

Just had an 11kg Delivered for 780. I am wondering if they will sell current stock at the lower price and up any new stock, which brings me to a question. Is there a best before date on these bottles.?

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am wondering if they will sell current stock at the lower price

I doubt it.  Opportunity knocks!  If you had a lot of stock at the old price, you win!  Futures 101!  :-)

• Like 2