Moving to PH in under a year, help!

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mrubiquitous said:

We have been chatting daily for 8 months sometimes for hours, pretty confident, but I have been known to over-judge my reasoning abilities. lol.

Nice but way different than living with someone.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mrubiquitous said:

I see apartments in the city for 10k PHP month ($200 USD). Working with USA currency, this should not be a problem.

Which city ? 

Mrubiquitous
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Nice but way different than living with someone.

Absolutely right! But I guess my inference was that I wasn't a get rich quick scheme to her, at least I know who I am dating before I go on the first date. lol It is a nice change up from the usual, I will have own apt till surety is reached on our mutual commitments.  

Mrubiquitous
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

Which city ? 

I was seeing roxas city, but at closer inspection that may have been during rainy season or temp. This was a few months ago (Sept. 2016). Thanks for re-acquainting me with my (error?). Calculated risks, not mindless ones I like to take..lol

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mrubiquitous said:

Absolutely right! But I guess my inference was that I wasn't a get rich quick scheme to her, at least I know who I am dating before I go on the first date. lol It is a nice change up from the usual, I will have own apt till surety is reached on our mutual commitments.  

Just be careful and take it slow. I had the same kind of start and it took about 4 months to start spotting inconsistencies that couldn't be ignored. 2 more months called it off and 2 weeks later she was engaged, hmmm.

• Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mrubiquitous said:

I appreciate all the comments so far. I plan on giving my relationship with this lady a "honeymoon" period where we get to know one another on a personal level as would a normal couple. We have been chatting daily for 8 months sometimes for hours, pretty confident, but I have been known to over-judge my reasoning abilities. lol. I will hopefully be working from home, skype or clear VoiP essential, also video if possible. That was my main concern. I see apartments in the city for 10k PHP month ($200 USD). Working with USA currency, this should not be a problem. I take your kind wisdom and guidance into account. Thanks!

When i did my first trip to the Phills i had been talking to a Lady for 4 months and thought this was the Lady of my dreams, and made plans to stay a month then get married and bring her back to NZ. After spending 2 days with her i realised the relationship was never going to work. So showed her the door and got back on DIA and arranged to meet another 3 Ladies when i arrived in Cebu a few days later.  The first Lady i meet is now my Wife of over 3 years and i could not be happier.      Have a plan A and plan B just in case.

Edited by Kiwi-Alan
  • Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Are you talking Roxas City accommodation, I presume so.  That would sound about right being away from Manila.  I am no techno but remember what has been said about internet speed it is notoriously slow. So maybe what you are hoping of doing may not be possible there!  Or at very least frustrating.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I am no techno but remember what has been said about internet speed it is notoriously slow. So maybe what you are hoping of doing may not be possible there!  Or at very least frustrating.

It depends where you live and what you pay for. I have sky broadband and have decent speeds of 8mb constantly. If one lives in the mountains on some remote island it will be a different story. 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mrubiquitous said:

I appreciate all the comments so far.

They are always nice at first, wait until they get to know you.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It depends where you live and what you pay for. I have sky broadband and have decent speeds of 8mb constantly. If one lives in the mountains on some remote island it will be a different story. 

what is the cost of that Tom?