Moving to PH in under a year, help!

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I live in Kalibo not to far from Roxas  I like Kalibo not big I hate big city big enough for me Manila is a 45 minute flight away if I want to go to a big city  I have Globe WiFi works great cost is 1000 peso a month I bought a Sateilight for my father in law and just have to pay for the plan each month I feel this is the best way no contract, my rent for 2 bedroom apartment is 7000 peso per month great neighbor hood everyone is friendly only bad thing it is a flooded area so be care full were you live make sure it is not a flooded area, when it comes to ladies keep your oppstions  open as there are so many ladies here i found my lady on line but I all so had 2 ladies I met in the neighbor hood that were great also I could have anyone of them and been fine take your time and do not rush the true colors come out very fast so you will know good luck wish you the best if you have any question please just ask this is a great forum and all straight shooters     

• Like 5

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

If high speed internet is important to you, then the first thing you should enquier about when looking at places is the Internet. Is not like in the west where you can just get pretty much any connection aslong as you pay. Internet is slow and limited. We had 2mb Globe connection in Iloilo (lived only a few kilometers from the center) and that was the "best" we could get. Its was okeyish for the first 50gb and then dropped to 1990s speed. Apparently that was all that was availabe in that area.

Roxas is quite small and secondary city in Philippines, so i think it will be harder to find a good reliable connection.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I`m sure I`m stating th obvious but when choosing an internet provider you should also look the ping and upload speed.I get around 40 on the ping 2.5 on the download but only.75 on the upload which can make it frustrating sometimes to say the least.For example I cannot even get this webpage to show some days but Yahoo and FB appear almost instantly.At the end of the day you can do all the checks and still get bad internet so try to choose wisely if you get a choice.Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I`m sure I`m stating th obvious but when choosing an internet provider you should also look the ping and upload speed.I get around 40 on the ping 2.5 on the download but only.75 on the upload which can make it frustrating sometimes to say the least.For example I cannot even get this webpage to show some days but Yahoo and FB appear almost instantly.At the end of the day you can do all the checks and still get bad internet so try to choose wisely if you get a choice.Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

What kind of internet do you have? (company, wired, wireless - pocket wifi/external antenna...)

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have never had a choice of internet providers here. I have lived in 3 different areas and all of them had Globe only.  It pretty much sucks, but is all we have. In the city I lived about 100 meters from my PLDT neighbors.  Half the subdivision had PLDT, half Globe. The basketball court was the dividing line - there was no crossover.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

What kind of internet do you have? (company, wired, wireless - pocket wifi/external antenna...)

DSL by globe it is much better today.Maybe there was a lot of people in the internet cafes.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Domino22
Posted
Posted
On 2/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Mrubiquitous said:

My goal is to move to the Philippines to be with my lady and work overseas while earning income from the states. I plan on living in the Roxas City area. My question is...(drum roll) is there a basic checklist of things to do to prepare for this journey. Passports, immunizations, visas included. Anything anyone wished they did or got hung up on because they didn't do would help immensely as well.  New to forum btw! Thanks! (Salamat Po!) MrUbiquitous

Have you met her face to face? Before your move?

robert k
Posted
Posted

Just a side note, I lost count of how many Roxas city/town/village/wide spots in the road there is...and I've only been to 7-8 islands.