dental work

mogo51
Posted
Posted

iI have just had a tooth removed yesterday, making a  2 tooth gap at the upper rear of my mouth, it was a molar and used for chewing.  I am going to have to make a decision to have a partial plate or implant and wonder if any members have had experience with implants there in Philippines and if so, was it satisfactory

Cost here for implant is about 50k bht (63 pesos) how does that stack up and was the implant successful???

Thank you.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Cost here for implant is about 50k bht (63 pesos)

Ron my friend, are you sure you mean 63 peso because I get the feeling that  something is wrong here, A consultation will cost you about 200 peso a Top Denture set will knock you back 7.000 peso at least  Cant really help on Implants  but..............:89: I am sure there will answers to come

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

50k baht is about p71,000 or usd 1400

We found a good dentist here in Subic and I will be taking my daughter for fillings next week.  I can ask him how much implants cost.  He will not be the cheapest but my impression is that he is very good.  I have only had cleaning and whitening there, and he said my teeth were fine.  He did not try to find some work.  My daughter was deathly afraid of needles and had previous cavity work done without anesthesia, and it was poor work.  He was able to give her gentle shots and she is no longer afraid.  She had two baby teeth pulled and so far 2 our of 7 cavities filled.

Here is his FB:

https://www.facebook.com/SmileConceptsSubic

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Cost here for implant is about 50k bht (63 pesos) how does that stack up and was the implant successful???

I have asked 2 different dentists in Philippines about implants and the both quoted the high 50K plus number so I chose a root canal and cap which only cost a quarter of that.

• Like 5

snowridr
Posted
Posted

Where are you in the Philippines?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ron my friend, are you sure you mean 63 peso because I get the feeling that  something is wrong here, A consultation will cost you about 200 peso a Top Denture set will knock you back 7.000 peso at least  Cant really help on Implants  but..............:89: I am sure there will answers to come

no Jack, misread post 50,000 = 63,000 pesos.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have asked 2 different dentists in Philippines about implants and the both quoted the high 50K plus number so I chose a root canal and cap which only cost a quarter of that.

Thanks Dave, I have a thing about Root Canal, have read that it can lead to cancer but can't positively prove it, so will  steer clear just in case.  My tooth had one of the 3 roots 'dead' so root canal would not help that.   It seems about the same price as here.  I have to wait 3 months before I can get it done and at this stage leaning towards a denture, way cheaper.  

Will see where I am at financially when 3 months rolls around.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I see your point but hope you can see mine? People can make mistakes when this sort of thing transpires. No good us moaning about the language used by a local if we can't say it properly for them to learn EH? :thumbsup:

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Make sure you ask for anesthetics for getting cavity's filled. The default in the Philippines is to get the work done without anesthetics.

I researched implants a few years ago. $1000 - $1500 USD sounds about right. Some of the work for an implant has to be done by an oral surgeon not your everyday dentist.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I think you're smart asking those with actual experience. It's not a simple procedure done right. $2,500.00 is the lowest price advertised in our area here in da States.