Moving to Manila July 2018

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Will it work if you go on the day of arrival to the LTO while being on a BB visa?

According to the new rules it would be only possible to get driver license with a residental visa. (Reading between the lines.)

There are members who have gone within a week of getting a BB and been refused. I think going the same day you get the BB would probably work.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, robert k said:

There are members who have gone within a week of getting a BB and been refused. I think going the same day you get the BB would probably work.

It can't legally work, that's not to say you may be lucky. You need to have been in the Philippines for at least 1 month before you can apply which only leaves 11 months on your BB.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It can't legally work, that's not to say you may be lucky.

In one my friend, so many things are different at each LTO office. if the  LTO stuck (As they can do)  to the exact letter of the law, I presume that they will enlighten the applicant to the exact law ie; a visa showing an intended stay 1 year or more, We have said it before and it has been mentioned here on this Topic. The BB Stamp is a privilege bestowed to the Spouse of a Filipino by the BI but on behalf of the Bureau of Tourism. It is not a visa per-say and i might add is only Valid for One Stay/Entry ie: if you leave the Country in that year of the BB you would go back to square one

We can I feel go around in Circles on this one :thumbsup:

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

In one my friend, so many things are different at each LTO office. if the  LTO stuck (As they can do)  to the exact letter of the law, I presume that they will enlighten the applicant to the exact law ie; a visa showing an intended stay 1 year or more, We have said it before and it has been mentioned here on this Topic. The BB Stamp is a privilege bestowed to the Spouse of a Filipino by the BI but on behalf of the Bureau of Tourism. It is not a visa per-say and i might add is only Valid for One Stay/Entry ie: if you leave the Country in that year of the BB you would go back to square one

We can I feel go around in Circles on this one :thumbsup:

Somewhat like Banks Jack, depends on the branch directives (manager, as none seem to follow head office protocols) LTO appears absolutely no different in any regard and one appears to be in the hands of the gods (did this clerk score last night or am I in for a hard time).

As read many times by all on this and many other forums is the very frustrating fact that (now apparently) one can only convert to a PH. drivers license with proof of 1 year or more intended residency and docs backing this up, 13a and SRRV seem to cover this, any thing else? The difficulty really is that only being allowed to drive on a foreign license for 3 months on a tourist, work or education visa contradicts LTO bylaws/regulations and is frustrating to say the least. Leave your Passport and ACR1 at home and you probably won't have a problem,,,,,,,,,, until you have an accident, always been my worry driving foreign for over 3 months.

As always stated it is more fun in the Philippines,,,,,,,,,, definitely.

cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 5/14/2017 at 0:44 AM, Gary D said:

It can't legally work, that's not to say you may be lucky. You need to have been in the Philippines for at least 1 month before you can apply which only leaves 11 months on your BB.

Yes but there has been one report of it working. It is what it is.

• Like 1