Rustans supermarket

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Rustans supermarket in Cebu is now my choice for grocery shopping. Very modern and good variety. Vegetables and meat seem to be better quality than other places I tried. Imported frozen meats which I have not tried but at least should be able to get a good steak or lamb if one desires.The only thing I dont understand is why they dont have bigger checkouts with convery type to empty your cart onto. :89:

• Like 2

russellmania
Posted
Posted

The Rustons on Salvadore St in Cebu was ok..kinda high prices. The negative for me was the fresh meat dept,which didn smell to fresh the day I was in there.I skipped it.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, russellmania said:

The Rustons on Salvadore St in Cebu was ok..kinda high prices. The negative for me was the fresh meat dept,which didn smell to fresh the day I was in there.I skipped it.

Ok I should have mention in Ayala is the place I was refering too. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Ok I should have mention in Ayala is the place I was refering too. :thumbsup:

If I visit Ayala, I go by my golden rule. Get in early,get what I need and get out early. Late afternoons and nights it turns into a madhouse. Long lines for taxis and jeepnys!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, russellmania said:

If I visit Ayala, I go by my golden rule. Get in early,get what I need and get out early. Late afternoons and nights it turns into a madhouse. Long lines for taxis and jeepnys!

Last 2 weeks I would arrive perhaps about 2pm, leave by 3pm and catch taxi in front of Rustans or might be considered side, if you go out side door and had no problem with taxis lined up. Staff would bring shopping trolley out to taxi. 

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I like the Rustan's Supermarket at the Oakridge Business Park in Mandaue. A little more mellow than the one in Ayala. Both Rustan's are good markets though.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Rustans supermarket in Cebu is now my choice for grocery shopping. Very modern and good variety. Vegetables and meat seem to be better quality than other places I tried. Imported frozen meats which I have not tried but at least should be able to get a good steak or lamb if one desires.The only thing I dont understand is why they dont have bigger checkouts with convery type to empty your cart onto. :89:

Agree - their quality when it comes their produce is usually quite good and prices not too high, at least compared to Metro and SM.  

I also like their selection of dried fruits - especially love the dried ginger (from Baguio or near there, not imported). If you like tuna then they usually have export quality tuna steaks (labeled for sushi) at a fair price too. It's frozen but it's excellent. 

Perhaps because they cater more to foreigners and upscale shoppers they don't have a larger check out area. Frankly I've never seen it that crowded there to warrant more. 

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

My supermarket of choice as well. I think they have the best quality/choice of meat (especially beef) in the area. I prefer to use the Banawa outlet though as there aren't that many foreigners using it and buying all the choicest cuts. Plus it's a free car park, never too busy and easy to get in/out of.

• Like 2

snowridr
Posted
Posted

I've been wanting to go there, the one in Ayala Alabang (the closest to me) I can't get into unless I'm up there visiting someone and we have not been able to make the time yet :(  Metro in Alabang has a decent amount of imports though.