Two more 13a questions

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

1.  Can someone directly me to the BI website where the approved 13a visas are posted?  I can't find it.  The only thing I see is this:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/information/application-status/quota-visa#

And it has very old postings.

2.  As I understand it, next year I have to completely re-apply for my permanent 13a.  Is this process exactly the same?  E.g.,

a.  File application

b.  Pay all fees again

c.  Interview with attorney

d.  Wait for visa to be ready.

Thanks!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Can someone directly me to the BI website where the approved 13a visas are posted?

You will need to know your hearing date then look it up here using the office report you atteneded

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/component/search/?searchword=agenda list&searchphrase=all&Itemid=340

:thumbsup: Hope it helps. It is not always easy to find with out a date.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Cheers Tom. I had the may one for last year but could not find how to get there. Big thanks from me and I am sure the OP

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thanks!  Not sure I would have found that on my own!  Thanks Jack too!

It is interesting to peruse the dates.  I will look at some of the 13a to see how long they took.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks!  Not sure I would have found that on my own!  Thanks Jack too!

It is interesting to peruse the dates.  I will look at some of the 13a to see how long they took.

It looks like the 13a conversions in the most recent batch are taking 2 to 3 weeks from the OR date to the effective date, so it would seem that mine might be ready before my tourist visa expires on March 5.  My OR date in Jan. 31.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

2.  As I understand it, next year I have to completely re-apply for my permanent 13a.  Is this process exactly the same?  E.g.,

a.  File application

b.  Pay all fees again

c.  Interview with attorney

d.  Wait for visa to be ready.

Thanks!

Your next step will be as follows for converting to permanent from probationary

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/amendment-to-prv/amendment-to-prv-by-marriage

best of Luck mate but for me, Cebu Immigration is a darn sight better than the traipse to Manila (Unless shopping) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Silly and off topic but cannot hold it back:

Should it not be called an 18a visa as 13 is illegal in Philippines :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Silly and off topic but cannot hold it back:

Should it not be called an 18a visa as 13 is illegal in Philippines :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

:hystery:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Your next step will be as follows for converting to permanent from probationary

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/amendment-to-prv/amendment-to-prv-by-marriage

best of Luck mate but for me, Cebu Immigration is a darn sight better than the traipse to Manila (Unless shopping) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!  Seems to be the same.  I thought the first ACR card might be good for 5 years, but I guess not.

I think I can avoid Manila now except for the hearing.  I will find an authorized agent for the other trips.  I hate driving in Manila so I hired a car and driver for both of these 13a trips.  P4500 per trip but the first trip was shared with our U.S. embassy visit.  2nd trip was the interview yesterday.  An agent can do the third trip to pickup the visa.  In any case, p4500 is worth it as it is all in gas, tolls, driver and innova van.

• Like 3