Two more 13a questions

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

See highlighted item in middle column here.

Item 36 ECC fee of Php 700 should not be there in case you do not leave after 6 months in. They hit me with that after 2 months in.

Edited by jpbago

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Item 36 ECC fee of Php 700 should not be there in case you do not leave after 6 months in. They hit me with that after 2 months in.

They hit me with it on my second extension back in 2012 as well.  I don't try to understand; I just pay!  :89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Doing what we have to do is all we can do.  Its about paying the man what he demands.  I am quite happy to be on a tourist visa.  It costs more in the long term but not enough to worry about.  Besides, its easier if a guy wants to go to another country and come back.  Costs you more to leave if you are on a 13a

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2017 at 6:54 PM, OnMyWay said:

This is an expensive way to get my 13A!  My two tourist extensions after my Balikbayan expired have now cost almost p 10k.

I went down to renew my tourist visa for 30 days and it cost p3650!  I used to get a 2 month extension for less.  They hit me with a bunch of fees.  See highlighted item in middle column here.  They also gave me my new ACR card that will be replaced by my 13a ACR card.  :bonk:

Fullscreen capture 332017 65046 PM.jpg

Moral of the story is, get your 13a well before your Balikbayan expires!

Well, this sucks.

As described earlier, I had been checking for an updated "agenda verification" last week, hoping to find my 13A approval.  There were no new ones posted last week.

I tried to get them on the phone Friday the 3rd and was given the extension of the attorney.  I called at least 10 times and busy each time.

Friday the 3rd was my last business day to extend my tourist visa, so I did.

I checked Monday afternoon the 6th, and there was still no new file posted.

I checked just now and there is a new file, dated March 2nd, last Thursday, and I am approved.  The effective date of my 13A is March 2nd.

So, if the attorney would have picked up the phone, I probably would not have wasted p3650 on a tourist extension.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

my 13A is March 2nd.

Yes effective but not implemented until it is in your passport. The ruling date is when they stamp your Passport irrespective of the effective date so the extension was necessary to keep you legal It hurts yes but that is the way it is.:smile:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Yes effective but not implemented until it is in your passport. The ruling date is when they stamp your Passport irrespective of the effective date so the extension was necessary to keep you legal It hurts yes but that is the way it is.:smile:

Just like you to spoil my misery!  :smile:

I was not sure about that date.  So the real date the 13A starts is the date it is in my passport?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I was not sure about that date.  So the real date the 13A starts is the date it is in my passport?

:shades: Fraid so