Philippines Prescription eyeglasses cost comparison?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

My youngest daughter on her last visit got a pair of prescription glasses at SM Mall in Cebu for around 4500pesos but that was awhile ago, at the time the store was having a 25% sale.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Better:89: I guess anywhere but here we are so we have to make the best of things and the most I have paid is 7.000 peso in 2012 and they are still going Strong, at that time it was about 100 pounds sterling which is a darn sight cheaper than the UK where my pair before were over 400 Pounds. As we say YMMV but it is what it is :smile:

It really Depends to me what anyone Considers value for Money?

Jack:huh:

Morning All :morning1:

4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have 2 pair of "arms-length focus" glasses that cost me 3,000 for the one and 5,000 for the other (depends on choice of frame) while a good friend bought progressive lenses at a place in J Mall Cebu for 8,000 pesos that he raves about.  YMMV

Any optometrist suggestions for the eh-hem Duma Metro area? I am fine getting reading glasses at Robinsons but my wife has bad distance vision so need a doc visit to get a prescription for her.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Any optometrist suggestions for the eh-hem Duma Metro area?

JP mentioned one to me downtown that he says is good.  I just used the one upstairs at Robinsons Mall because the price was so good I figured it was worth a shot.  She did a thorough eye exam and explained the pros and cons of single focus vs bifocals vs progressive lenses and due to cost and other factors she convinced me to keep using reading glasses for books, use the "arm's length focus" glasses for my computer screen, and tell the LTO to go diddle themselves with their stupid eye chart as there is nothing wrong with my distance vision at all and she was willing to give me a letter to that effect (the LTO eye chart is hard for me to read unless I use both eyes).

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, old ? may get that procedure. An examination is needed for anyone seeking LASIK.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I needed new lenses (kept my old frame) 3 years ago. Went to a place in SM mall. Cost 15k for high end progressive lenses. My wife is near sighted and needed new glasses. Hers cost 12k for designer frames and lenses.

Now I am back in the states and my frames have gone bad. So I will be getting a full eye exam, new frames and lenses. I expect the total bill will be at least $750, maybe $1,000. But I want to get quality frames like my current ones which lasted a decade. The flexible wire frames that always snap back to their original shape no matter how much you twist them.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Timely thread for me...was thinking of getting my eyes checked and new glasses on my upcoming visit...now I think I will wait until I come back. 

Now what about dental? I need my teeth cleaned when I'm in Cebu City. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Bit hard for them to dud you on that one, just smile in front of the mirror and you can see if they did it or not!

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/11/2017 at 2:24 AM, Reboot said:

Timely thread for me...was thinking of getting my eyes checked and new glasses on my upcoming visit...now I think I will wait until I come back. 

Now what about dental? I need my teeth cleaned when I'm in Cebu City. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

I've never needed eyeglasses, but my husband also got some nice prescription glasses like Dave,  from a place in J Centre Mall, in Mandaue City Cebu for about 2,000 pesos, or about $50.00 US.

Reboot, we go to a nice dental place there also for check-ups and cleanings called Amor Dental Clinic. Very clean and professional. A cleaning costs 700 pesos, or 10 -15 dollars.  At that price we can go more often through the year. They do all sorts of procedures as needed or desired. The local Philippine Immigration office is at this mall. There's a nice dental place in SM Cebu too, and a fancy one at Ayala Mall. 

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Just checked Specsavers UK prices, start at £69 for two pairs + eye test around £19.

Just make comparisons folks.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

I bought some glasses from a "high end" store in a Cebu SM mall.

Costed me 12k pesos for Oakley frames and those lenses that change color depending on the how intense the sun is. Have had them for almost 3 years now. I use them all the time except for sleeping. Defenetly cheaper then back home.

• Like 4