Best Medical Facility in Baguio

gurlytech1
Posted
Posted

Hi All, I've just recently moved to Baguio City and was wondering what the best facilities are in regards to healthcare and/or emergency situations? 

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, gurlytech1 said:

Hi All, I've just recently moved to Baguio City and was wondering what the best facilities are in regards to healthcare and/or emergency situations? 

Notre Dame De Chartres Hospital: http://notredamehospitalbaguio.com/

Myself and my wife both used emergency services there. Received immediate high quality care. I also used doctors associated with that hospital who provided quality service.400 pesos for a consultation (2 years ago).  An echocardiogram only cost about $75, that was full price. They are the best cardiac care facility in northern luzon.

We have been back in the states for 2 years now but I still miss Baguio, especially the weather (except for typhoon season).

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, earthdome said:

Myself and my wife both used emergency services there. Received immediate high quality care. I also used doctors associated with that hospital who provided quality service.400 pesos for a consultation (2 years ago).  An echocardiogram only cost about $75, that was full price. They are the best cardiac care facility in northern luzon.

We have been back in the states for 2 years now but I still miss Baguio, especially the weather (except for typhoon season).

My wife lived in Baguio for many years and has a lot of family there.  They also agree that Notre Dame is the best.

• Like 1

gurlytech1
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the point in the right direction.  Earthdome, glad that you and you're wife are okay and I am so glad to hear that the best cardiac care facility is here! Definitely gives me peace of mind to hear that you felt good about the services you received. Are you guys planning on moving back?  The weather is lovely. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, gurlytech1 said:

Thanks for the point in the right direction.  Earthdome, glad that you and you're wife are okay and I am so glad to hear that the best cardiac care facility is here! Definitely gives me peace of mind to hear that you felt good about the services you received. Are you guys planning on moving back?  The weather is lovely. 

Yes, we would like to move back. Our timeline looks like 1-3 years from now. If you are interested in meeting other expats you can stop by the Red Lion Pub on Leonard Wood Rd across from Teachers Camp any evening between 5-7pm.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 2/12/2017 at 9:35 PM, earthdome said:

Firstly welcome to the forum girlytech1, you will find some very helpful members here like earthdome who has also supplied me with useful posts.  We are moving to Bauang in 6 months, so keep posting please and let me know how you are settling in there.

gurlytech1
Posted
Posted

Maybe, I'll check it out one evening!  I've heard of it, just didn't know if it was still a thing. 

gurlytech1
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Firstly welcome to the forum girlytech1, you will find some very helpful members here like earthdome who has also supplied me with useful posts.  We are moving to Bauang in 6 months, so keep posting please and let me know how you are settling in there.

Thank you for welcoming me.  I only wish I had signed up to this forum a long time ago.  We chose Baguio over Dagupan which is seemingly close to Bauang.  Will this be your first time to "live" in the Philippines?

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, gurlytech1 said:

Thank you for welcoming me.  I only wish I had signed up to this forum a long time ago.  We chose Baguio over Dagupan which is seemingly close to Bauang.  Will this be your first time to "live" in the Philippines?

Yes it will, but have been to Phils about 7 times in the past 8 years.  There is a good reasonable level of expats in the area.  I think from memory Earthdome told me there is a bar/pub there called 'Red Lion' or similar, but perhaps he can expand on this.  This is a good place to start to meet other expats in the area as I was told.

When I was in Bauang last year in October, I found a large expat community there, very friendly and helpful bunch.  Mainly Brits, Yanks and Ozzies. 

My SO lived in Baguio for many years but we did not settle on living there as I have back issues and it is very hilly, that does not help me much.  Weather will be pleasant though, but expect lots of rain there.