6 minutes ago, davewe said:

Well you, JP and Kev are certainly in the above category:hystery:

Scratching Head.jpg Which part would that be Dave ? :smile:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Reboot said:

From what I've heard, in the US there's no money that can buy the sweet comfort of lying in the evening with a stomach full of tasty rice and lechon next to a lovely Filipina, gently nodding off to the soft sounds of diesel jeepneys, trikes, karaoke, the wife next door arguing with her husband over where he spent his day, punctuated with the noises of bakla lovemaking in the unit on the the other side, and the crowing of the gamey cocks ready to throw their sharp spurs into battle. So there's definitely that.

Along with the F-you lizards calling back an forth with nocturnal roosters.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

I am not willing to give up good coffee and I want an American style bathroom .

I like it But and there is always a but EH?

I came full of expectations and thoughts of what I wanted then I was Promptly Reminded that I was actually in the Minority here ( As in family) So we compromised, They get what they want and I have the Pleasure of paying for it. Easy Life is going with the flow, too much/Too many Western Demands can be met with local Hostility and that can make Life so Difficult, believe me.

Be careful what you wish for. "When in Rome" springs to mind. The one and only Argument I have won here in 9 years was about the car.

But still wish you well :thumbsup:

• Like 3

fototek1
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which begs the Question, What status will the OP be on when he arrives? as this will have a big bearing on what he can and can't do

I will be on a Balikbayan status or 13A. We will also have travel costs figured in to travel back to the US once a year. We really want to keep the house here in the US and may have a family member move in just to pay the taxes and insurance . If need be it can be sold and then we have another $400k

• Like 2

fototek1
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Reboot said:

From what I've heard, in the US there's no money that can buy the sweet comfort of lying in the evening with a stomach full of tasty rice and lechon next to a lovely Filipina, gently nodding off to the soft sounds of diesel jeepneys, trikes, karaoke, the wife next door arguing with her husband over where he spent his day, punctuated with the noises of bakla lovemaking in the unit on the the other side, and the crowing of the gamey cocks ready to throw their sharp spurs into battle. So there's definitely that.

Hilarious!!!! Its funny, the first month I spent in the Philippines those things bothered me....Now when I visit I enjoy them, Thank god I have not been exposed to the Bakla Lovemaking

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

I want an American style bathroom

Style you can have. Dry?  Thats another story.  Most filipinos who use your bathroom will spray water everywhere without the slightest thought that it may be a problem.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, fototek1 said:

Thank god I have not been exposed to the Bakla Lovemaking

Then just make sure when you go for one of the low cost massages here that you are sure its a 'real lady' giving you the rub down LOL LOL LOL

• Like 3

fototek1
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Style you can have. Dry?  Thats another story.  Most filipinos who use your bathroom will spray water everywhere without the slightest thought that it may be a problem.

Oh, I know that as well. My wife was hard to train...I guess I need 2 bathrooms :89:. Actually that is on the want list not need. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which begs the Question, What status will the OP be on when he arrives? as this will have a big bearing on what he can and can't do

I will be on a Balikbayan status or 13A.

Not going to split hairs on this but it is either one or the other, On a BB the BI do not know you are here so you will have no evidence to support opening a bank Account as no ACI card, and you will certainly need a Local bank account at some time.

If you are getting your 13a before you come then Fine, but as we all know things are not as easy as the Sites we read talk about.

My friend as you can surmise I hope, we are all here to help you understand that retiring Full time is not that easy as it seems. For me I was over 3 years before I actually relaxed and Told myself AH! now I am where I want to be but it was with help all around from Friends and many on here (PEF) Money is not Everything here by any stretch of the imagination. The Hurdles are there and have to be Jumped

Goalposts are moved at a whim (of those that have the power to move them) and what we tell someone today may change overnight.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

Hilarious!!!! Its funny, the first month I spent in the Philippines those things bothered me....Now when I visit I enjoy them, Thank god I have not been exposed to the Bakla Lovemaking

Hey man I don't judge.