Propane

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Got to thinking havent come across the small Propane gas cylinders as yet during visits.  The smaller ones you can put on your camping cooker (stove) or used when doing some copper pipe brazing........

Reason for asking is for camping some diy plumbing but also more importantly I have a small fogging machine (pest control type) that uses them.

Havent really looked hard but not seen in ACE or Wilcon Home depot............. any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Steve, you can find that size tank at Ace Hardware or at any Metro Gaisano store. You'll find them in other places too I'm sure.

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Steve GCC said:

Got to thinking havent come across the small Propane gas cylinders as yet during visits.  The smaller ones you can put on your camping cooker (stove) or used when doing some copper pipe brazing........

Reason for asking is for camping some diy plumbing but also more importantly I have a small fogging machine (pest control type) that uses them.

Havent really looked hard but not seen in ACE or Wilcon Home depot............. any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

You should be able to buy them from a sari-sari store, my partner sells them for 12 pesos each, these are the ones they refill which they shouldn't, go figure.

Edited by frosty (chris)
can't spell
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

You should be able to buy them from a sari-sari store, my partner sells them for 12 pesos each, these are the ones they refill which they shouldn't, go figure.

I could be wrong but I think Steve is looking for the 7/8 inch thread connection (MAPP gas / Propane) and not the 12-13mm thread connection bottles for butane for portable counter top ranges and such. (which I will definitely be buying next trip!)

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Image result for small propane tanks These type of cylinders, small ones, yes for camping equipment and also my small fogging machine .

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I used to use them in the UK but have not seen them here.Might be that you will need a bit of legwork to find them.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have seen the yellow Methyl-acetylene 7/8 thread bottles but not propane. Never made a study of it but I think Gasul is Butane or a mix. If the regulation on your mosquito trap isn't adjustable, it might cause problems. I have resigned myself to buying many things on the local market just because it's available everywhere. If you find the bottles you want, I would suggest you unashamedly hoard them.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have seen small tanks at a lot of stores here, but I don't know what thread size they have. 

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

If you have some empty bottles you could get and adapter to refill your own like this.

• Like 1