Time to Remember (Why we are Married or in a Relationship)

14 posts in this topic

Many in Europe and I know of 4 in the Uk that Today, Have used this day to Renew their Wedding Vows. For those of you who think as I do, My view of them has never changed so to All here On PEF Let's Hope things work well for the Next Year on all Fronts :smile: :thumbsup:

happy-valentines-day-all-my-friends.png

6 people like this

To all the girls I've loved before
Who traveled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this (Valentine's Day) song

Read more: Willie Nelson - To All The Girls I've Loved Before Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

6 people like this

Well I`m single this valentines day.Wife left me and I`m single.

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well I`m single this valentines day.Wife left me and I`m single.

:hystery: Only till Tomorrow. "When the Boat comes in" :smile:

5 people like this

I must admit I'm beginning to think if I could ever commit again. I've had my fair share of partners in the UK and elsewhere. Most of whom I've had things in common with. One I even think I liked :whistling: but I'm finding it hard to even get the interest to commit since I arrived in the Philippines. I've got a partner at the moment who is certainly up there in the physical attraction side and not a spring chicken. She's 47 and mature which I like but kin hell does she think on a complete different level.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to stop her in her tracks when discussing something and she goes off on a tangent. It's as if she picks up on a conversation and decides it's a must do thing when I've explained I'm looking for ideas before making decisions so we don't waste time and money. Sadly all her ideas cost money or are unsuitable but you only find out after she's committed.

She found me a condo to live in and I had explained I'll be bringing 8 boxes of tools etc over. I arrived at the condo which is on a six month contract to find it was a rabbit hutch. Now worries she says as she'll store my things at her sisters. I brought things to use not to store.

Next she tells me she's jacked up Sky TV to keep me occupied. I hate TV but just smiled and said we'll add internet to the package. Oh no we won't as sky internet cables don't cover our condo.

Her brother passed away last week ands we had flights booked to Palawan but I said I'd change them as it was more important we went to the funeral. I went on line with her and changed the flights then she told me different dates for the funeral. Yet another change and more rebooking fees later she suddenly gives me more information requiring yet another change.

I'm now into double figure with the things she arranges without thinking out the consequences. I think I'm turning into a grumpy old man.

I'm trying to get my head around what it is that attracts foreigners to their partners. For me it's about having similar interests and thinking along the same lines but I find I'm wired differently to the Filipino mind set. Even spending time with my Ex Pat friends I can see the massive differences between them and their partners. I just can't see how people cope once the physical attraction wears off if they've nothing in common. Maybe I'm just too independent or a loner.

8 people like this

On 2/14/2017 at 3:40 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Who traveled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this (Valentine's Day) song

Read more: Willie Nelson - To All The Girls I've Loved Before Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

love Willie Nelson also George Jones

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm trying to get my head around what it is that attracts foreigners to their partners. For me it's about having similar interests and thinking along the same lines but I find I'm wired differently to the Filipino mind set. Even spending time with my Ex Pat friends I can see the massive differences between them and their partners. I just can't see how people cope once the physical attraction wears off if they've nothing in common. Maybe I'm just too independent or a loner.

There is a saying here that its easy to find a girl and hard to find the right girl.  The girls say its easy to find a foreigner and hard to find the right foreigner.

There are some fantastic ladies here.  I know, I've had more than my share.  But too many guys pick the wrong one or let the girl pick them.  From all you have written I would not be with that lady.  There are reasons why foreign men like a bit of an age gap.  As you mention, there is a huge cultural gap and a younger lady is more likely to learn to bridge that gap than an older one.

Its all up to you who you end up with but I feel your pain :7500: and the longer you take to make up your mind if she is the right one or if you want a different one or if you just want to be single then the less life you have left to enjoy.  This coming from someone in a similar situation. :cornflakes:

5 people like this

Because we don't know when we're well off?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Because we don't know when we're well off?

Scratching Head.jpg So you would change things would You? 7 year Itch maybe?

1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg So you would change things would You? 7 year Itch maybe?

Up to 9 years now. If I wasn't with my wonderful wife I wouldn't be here in this all-year-round golfing paradise which comes complete with cheap beer. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.