Air Con Service, How Much?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but here goes.

I had my air cons cleaned today, and I was wondering if it is a fair price.  I used the company that sold me my 2 Carrier splits and they charge:

For a window type: p450

For a split type: p750

Actually my first service for my 2 Carriers is free and I did not clean one because it has barely been used and is still clean.  So they serviced my main Carrier split, the Kolin split in our BR and the 2 window types (Kelvinator and Samsung) in the other BR.  They seemed to do a very thorough job.  Cleaned the inside units of the splits with the pressure washer, cleaned the outside units of the splits with the pressure washer, and cleaned all the the various covers, filters, etc., very well.  For the window units, they were removed and pressured washed thoroughly, and all the parts were cleaned up nicely.

Fair price?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Fair price?

Really can't see you getting much Better and if Satisfied, a Bonus :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You are in Subic so that's likely a fair price there.  In small towns in some provinces you might pay 300 for a window unit and 600 for a split.  If you are happy then the difference in price is small.  If unhappy you may try others and may even save 50 cents :-)

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Cleaned the inside units of the splits with the pressure washer,

Don,

They actually used a high pressure washer inside the house?

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

OMW, here in our area they also charge about 300 for window type aircons. Your price was decent I think for your area.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are in Subic so that's likely a fair price there.  In small towns in some provinces you might pay 300 for a window unit and 600 for a split.  If you are happy then the difference in price is small.  If unhappy you may try others and may even save 50 cents :-)

When I told my wife the price they quoted last week, she said I should bargain with them because she thought it should be more in the 300 range.  However, that is her memory of prices in Laguna 5+ years ago.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

Don,

They actually used a high pressure washer inside the house?

Yes, they do.  It is not a super high pressure washer.  Electric powered, similar to this:

https://www.olx.ph/item/kawasaki-pressure-washer-free-delivery-ID4ZioW.html?h=16a6f279a6

They run the hose in the window and the washer stays outside.

I think they are not much over 2000 psi, if that, and they use them with a pistol grip nozzle probably made for the job.  They disassemble the inside unit as much as possible, then they have a heavy plastic shower curtain type of thing that they tuck around the edges of the unit.  All of the runoff is directed to the plastic that funnels into a bucket.  I was surprised that they could do it, the first time I saw it at our first rental house.  They are very good at it and only a few droplets of water might stray onto the wall or floor, which of course they wipe up.

• Like 5