Back to Aussie today

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I fly out to Australia today for 19 days.  Lots of medical stuff to do, body is rejecting me currently. 

Also my very elderly mother who has Alzimers is nearing the end of her life and I want to make sure she is as comfortable as possible.

It has been very hot there of late, so hoping it will have settled down somewhat.  Western Sydney was 47 degrees last week.

Bushfires raging over the country, not much of a 'welcome home'.  Still also looking to catch up with a few friends over the next few weeks.

By the time I get back, I will have again realised why I left years ago, as I usually do.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

By the time I get back, I will have again realised why I left years ago, as I usually do.

Bon voyage plane.jpg

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yes sad debilitating illness, father also suffered this. 

Best of luck there, hope it works out, I stopped visiting Aussie as just to expensive. Great place if one can of afford.

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted

Hope you are able to enjoy the trip as much as possible. So sorry to learn of your mothers illness but hope all will go smoothly. Hope also you will get the medical issues sorted out while there and won't have to stay there long. I think our bodies do reject us eventually. It's the natural slope into old age etc. I've always been healthy as a horse. Now just shy of 65yrs old I have to deal with COPD, enlarged prostate, kidney and gallstones. So we keep the doctor in business, tolerate the not so good days and really enjoy the good ones which are many.

Note: Are you still going to move over here to the islands? If so I can recommend a very good internal Dr in our area.

Nephi

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2017 at 7:59 AM, Eddie1 said:

Hi Ron,

It sounds like you have quite a challenging trip ahead of you on this occasion, not only for yourself but for the time you will also spend with your mother. I lost my mother to Alzheimer's 4 years ago last month and it is truly a desperately sad and unforgiving illness, people don't get to see the trauma of such a debilitating disease unless they have walked that path. So, I hope you wont take offence my friend if I encourage you to enjoy every moment together that you can grasp.

Have a safe flight and remember to keep in touch with all here at PEF.   

Thank you Eddie but she has been a sufferer of this disease for more than 30years, closer to 35 actially.  Whilst I understand what you are saying, she has had enough suffering - I just wish for her to pass quietly and without pain (which she does not have at the  moment).  I will see her tomorrow, but she won't remember.  As you say, a horrible disease.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2017 at 8:25 AM, Nephi said:

Hope you are able to enjoy the trip as much as possible. So sorry to learn of your mothers illness but hope all will go smoothly. Hope also you will get the medical issues sorted out while there and won't have to stay there long. I think our bodies do reject us eventually. It's the natural slope into old age etc. I've always been healthy as a horse. Now just shy of 65yrs old I have to deal with COPD, enlarged prostate, kidney and gallstones. So we keep the doctor in business, tolerate the not so good days and really enjoy the good ones which are many.

Note: Are you still going to move over here to the islands? If so I can recommend a very good internal Dr in our area.

Nephi

Thank you Nephi and agree with that age issue.  We are on our way end of July  to Bauang/San Fernando.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2017 at 8:26 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Whilst a Little off Topic I echo this sentiment, I lost my Father some 16 years ago but you know, there is hardly ever a day goes by that he is not in my thoughts and not being a praying man I talk to him in times of need. I am convinced he answers me when I am sleep as all seems sorted the next day and I have an answer for things I never thought I had the day before. Unfortunate as it was, I never got to see Him before he went as I was abroad and could not get back. So yes Ron, I certainly agree with Eddie

Thanks also Jack.

• Like 4