Malaysia

RBM
Posted
Posted

Due to a recent simple spat with a neighbour I maybe having to relocate. It's so silly it's over the line of ridiculous, just a reason never argue with a well connected rich filipino regardless.

Anyway maybe good for a separate thread, considering George Town Malaysia, wonder whom has been there and comments. Although have limited travel in Malaysia Penang was never on list and would love hear comments.

Malaysia is very visa friendly and from Internet search appears less expensive in general than Philippines. Has the climate I require and Cameron Highlands seem tempting. Further the attraction of Thai foods and entertainment seem very encouraging.

Any comments from visitor there would be nice to read.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Be careful of the women there as they may take more than your money:

Malaysian officials said Tuesday that Kim Jong Nam died en route to hospital after being approached by two female assassins at the Kuala Lumpur airport.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/14/kim-jong-uns-half-brother-kim-jong-nam-reportedly-murdered-by-female-assassins-in-malaysia

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Females are dangerous everywhere.

primary_258.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Be careful of the women there

Lets keep it real.  None of us normal folk are

The half-brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un

so we are unlikely to be targets of that kind of assassination plot.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My friend is visiting Georgetown as I write this.  He just finished up a visit to Cameron Highlands.  We have been chatting about it on Facebook as he visits and he RAVES about how great it is.  Strawberries and cream for breakfast.  Fantastic weather.  Friendly people.  A great expat program.  Can buy property in his own name (subject to conditions so it would cost him over US$100,000 to buy there.)

Anyway, he is a great guy and loves to talk.  He is also a great source of information if you don't mind listening for extended periods of time :hystery:  He will be back in Duma at the end of Feb so if you are in the area any time after that come on by and I'll introduce you.  Nothing like first hand experience from someone who just spent a month there.

I am considering going there myself, for a visit one day.  The Cameron Highlands have so many great walking trails that it seems designed for me.  Be sure to drop by if you can and if you cannot then I will link the two of you on Facebook so you can follow along on his visit and ask questions that way.

I think you are making a great choice as that is my "fallback" spot at the moment.

I would like to listen to that as well. Weather was looking great until I saw rain days. Then again if it is tropical 1pm-3pm type no problem.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I would like to listen to that as well.

Well meet me at the next get together in 3 weeks and we'll make plans to go visit Scott to see how his trip went.  He will be only to pleased to tell us.  You may have met him before, not sure, he used to live in the same compound as Tom who died and had the motorbike for sale.  But there were a couple of foreigners living there and I'm thinking its Bob you met.  Anyway, Scott has moved and ya gotta keep up LOL so come to the get together and lets talk.

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

Due to a recent simple spat with a neighbour I maybe having to relocate. It's so silly it's over the line of ridiculous, just a reason never argue with a well connected rich filipino regardless.

Anyway maybe good for a separate thread, considering George Town Malaysia, wonder whom has been there and comments. Although have limited travel in Malaysia Penang was never on list and would love hear comments.

Malaysia is very visa friendly and from Internet search appears less expensive in general than Philippines. Has the climate I require and Cameron Highlands seem tempting. Further the attraction of Thai foods and entertainment seem very encouraging.

Any comments from visitor there would be nice to read.

Rich or poor, Filipinos share a lot of the same trait's. One of those is that in most cases they will not confront you physically. Rather they wait for a time and get you from the back so to speak when you are not looking and not suspecting it. If this guy is well to do, he would easily have the P10,000 it costs to take you out permanently. Watch your back.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Nephi said:

Rich or poor, Filipinos share a lot of the same trait's. One of those is that in most cases they will not confront you physically. Rather they wait for a time and get you from the back so to speak when you are not looking and not suspecting it. If this guy is well to do, he would easily have the P10,000 it costs to take you out permanently. Watch your back.

A rich well connected fat woman not a man

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

A rich well connected fat woman not a man

"Hell hath no fury springs to mind" What time is the next stage outta Dodge :mocking: 

• Like 5