Common sense is not here

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My wife is on Cebu in Dalaguete.

She could not come back yesterday as they had cancelled the ferries due to high winds.

She texted me at 745am today to ask if they were working today,I found out and texted her back within 10 minutes.They were working.

12 noon she texted me and she was still in Dalaguete,WHAT no common sense she should have left earlier as now I don`t know if the ferries are still working.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

She could not come back yesterday as they had cancelled the ferries due to high winds.

She texted me at 745am today to ask if they were working today,I found out and texted her back within 10 minutes.They were working.

12 noon she texted me and she was still in Dalaguete,WHAT no common sense she should have left earlier as now I don`t know if the ferries are still working.

Scratching Head.jpg But don't we just LUV EM EH?

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tell her you'll be spending the wait at the bars...she'll swim over ferry or no ferry....it's just common sense, after all!

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We were on our way to Iloilo the other day arriving at the seaport at 6:45 AM for the 7:35 AM Ocean Jet. The other 2 fast cats were cancelled and had been for 10 days or so due to high winds. Only the roro and Ocean Jet were running. The roro takes about 2.5 to 3 hours while the Ocean Jet does it in 45 minutes. There was about 30 people in line then at 20 people, it was sold out, no tickets. It holds 332 passengers. The next run was cancelled as that Ocean Jet had broke down so the next one would be at 10:35 AM. We came home. Today the winds are at 30 to 35 kph.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They stopped the ferries early this morning.She is stuck another day.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

They stopped the ferries early this morning.She is stuck another day.

:hystery:So it's KFC tonight? (Think about mate):whistling:

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I just looked at the weather forcast and it is supposed to be windy all week.Going to have to send her more money I think.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I just looked at the weather forcast and it is supposed to be windy all week.Going to have to send her more money I think.

OUCH.jpg

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

It's good that she got delayed (common sense notwithstanding) as many locals show up at these ships and would just get on even if there was a tsunami coming in. Better than getting stranded in another port or at the bottom of the ocean. From what I've seen, locals are more interdependent than independent and depend on anyone in authority to replace common sense. Either way she should arrive home safely. If it were my wife, I'd make darned sure she didn't travel if bad weather was only suspected in order to keep her safe.

• Like 4