Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

Are ACR cards good for a year now 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes, and no.

They are valid for a year but I just found out that if I go into Dumaguete BI and get a 6 month tourist visa then my ACR card must have 6 months validity left on it.  As mine did not then I had to buy a new one before the year was up.  I have yet to discover if the renewed card is valid from the date my old one should have expired or from the date I paid for it.  I strongly suspect the latter.  I don't expect to get the physical, plastic ACR card for a couple weeks so I won't know until I look at it.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't expect to get the physical, plastic ACR card for a couple weeks so I won't know until I look at it.

I got one maybe a month ago, clearly says on the back as in date, 12 months from when I got it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Mine is 5 years.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Mine is 5 years.

5 years for 13A Visa holders, 1 year for tourist Visa holders

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My original one was dated until 23/09/16. As my renewals were in August then October I attempted to apply for the new in August. I was told to wait until October to renew because it had not run out, this I duly did and my new one is dated from 25/10/16. So it appears it is dated upon renewal.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, virginprune said:

So it appears it is dated upon renewal.

As in all things Philippines, I never accept the obvious.  From your statement (which was exactly the same as my experience up until last week)  I could only conclude that "it appears it WAS dated upon renewal"  Have to wait until next time to see if it still is:89:

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As in all things Philippines, I never accept the obvious.  From your statement (which was exactly the same as my experience up until last week)  I could only conclude that "it appears it WAS dated upon renewal"  Have to wait until next time to see if it still is:89:

Like the obvious.... just picked the card up from calbayog got till 19 july till extend again not thinking get 13a before that date ...just thought the acr card only 6 months like houndriver said about the obvious here .Gave up asking for directions long time ago rather google it even with the misses only find still asking a few more mga tao

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

The guys at calbayog said i dont need go to oz embassy for a clearance only need a nbi clearance when applying for 13a ...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

The guys at calbayog said i dont need go to oz embassy for a clearance only need a nbi clearance when applying for 13a ...

if you have stayed in the Philippines 6 months or more that is correct 

• Like 2