Bedtime...............

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, my experience is the same as you. During my visits normally I'm off to bed before 9PM up early enough to make coffee ☕️ sit outside to watch dawn break. My folks new place is high in the hills so the view is marvelous once enough light I'll read a book until it gets too hot.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Almost every night there were groups of guys serenading me from the street below my bedroom. Mostly drunk to get up the courage, but It was kind of fun to hear them sing and play their guitars just for me. :smile:

Hello Queenie, please allow me to serenade you with my rendition of YOU'LL NEBAIR PINE.  Of course I'm a little off key with major notes in F sharp and F flat....he, he.

As far as preparing for going to bed, I conduct my evening ritual of spraying the whole apartment with Bygon.  I simply cannot go to sleep with those mosquitos buzzing around my ear.  I'm a psycho with a can of Bygon.  I'm early to bed, early to rise by the way.

Perhaps we could start another topic about the Peace Corp in the Philippines.  I would love to hear that story!  Respectfully Jake, your drunken Pilipino bolero.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jake said:

As far as preparing for going to bed, I conduct my evening ritual of spraying the whole apartment with Bygon.  I simply cannot go to sleep with those mosquitos buzzing around my ear.  I'm a psycho with a can of Bygon.  I'm early to bed, early to rise by the way.

Perhaps we could start another topic about the Peace Corp in the Philippines.  I would love to hear that story!  Respectfully Jake, your drunken Pilipino bolero.

Those songs will be forever in my head...Jake--I don't remember even Bygon being available at that time, although I'm sure that it was. I slept with a mosquito net over my bed which was a help. Many people lit the Tiger Katol mosquito coils at night back then and up to now. Open jalousie windows did get me dengue fever my second year though.

Oh I suppose I could write a book about all the crazy happenings those two years. I was in a Health/Nutrition program, so my work put me in contact with a lot of people. At times it seems like my adventure never ended, although maybe I'm older and wiser now.:smile:

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jake said:

Hello Queenie, please allow me to serenade you with my rendition of YOU'LL NEBAIR PINE.  Of course I'm a little off key with major notes in F sharp and F flat....he, he.

I don't like to breathe the spray in or take in the fumes from the burning coils. What I find best is the plug in anti mosquito, plug in an hour before bed, no mossies at all and restful sleep.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, virginprune said:

I don't like to breathe the spray in or take in the fumes from the burning coils. What I find best is the plug in anti mosquito, plug in an hour before bed, no mossies at all and restful sleep.

That's the way to go nowadays virginprune. We keep ours on all night, and every so often you hear that satisfying "pop" to let you know that another one bit the dust. :smile:

• Like 3