Q. Renting out Condo.

Guan
Posted
Posted

I am a foreigner (non US) living in the Philippines on a tourist visa on a 2 monthly extension basis. 

I owned a small condo in Quezon city which I haved lived for several years but am moving on to another location in the Philippines. 

Question is can I rent out my vacant condo without breaking any rules or law in the Philippines? Property tax are timely paid up yearly.

Thanks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Guan said:

can I rent out my vacant condo without breaking any rules or law in the Philippines?

Yes, provided you pay the BIR their percentage of the rent.  i don't know of any foreigners who do pay BIR tax on their rentals but I do know one who was turned in to the BIR for it.  His mother-in-law was pi$$ed at him because he seldom gave any money  to his wife to give to her mother, so she turned them in.  It cost him a lot of pesos.

• Like 2

Guan
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the inputs. Will do as suggested.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, provided you pay the BIR their percentage of the rent.  i don't know of any foreigners who do pay BIR tax on their rentals but I do know one who was turned in to the BIR for it.  His mother-in-law was pi$$ed at him because he seldom gave any money  to his wife to give to her mother, so she turned them in.  It cost him a lot of pesos.

Nice Lady.

• Like 3