Garden Update

intrepid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

Dang Danny, do we need a special permit to carry deadly force.  I really like this one:

Sling Shot.JPG  Make my day, monkey!

Don't have any monkeys around my place.  But when the cats are in heat, it was hard to sleep and drove our dog crazy.  A few hits with peanuts from the slingshot kept the cats away.  The battles were short but the war ended within two weeks.  :571b119686cf7_1(72):I'll be ready early next time :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Don't have any monkeys around my place.  But when the cats are in heat, it was hard to sleep and drove our dog crazy.  A few hits with peanuts from the slingshot kept the cats away.  The battles were short but the war ended within two weeks.  :571b119686cf7_1(72):I'll be ready early next time :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

The cats are either braver or dumber than the monkeys.  They will not run away easily.  If the monkeys see that you have some sort of shooting device like a sling shot or air gun, the whole troupe starts chirping a warning and they get the heck out of there.  If you only have rocks to throw, they just casually watch you and meander away, but the slingshot or air gun gets you instant respect.  They probably sit around their little monkey campfires and talk story about how grandpa got a slingshot pellet in the puwet.  The cats spend their evening doing this!

https://goo.gl/photos/5DnDysoneb3ErroS8

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Monkeys?! Wow! I've never seen any bands of monkeys around our way... I just googled monkeys Subic Bay Freeport zone, and found that wild long tailed macaques are there in numbers coming from the nearby forests. Wow--mostly I think of India when I think of wild monkeys around..

Like in the Wizard of Oz, the wicked witch and her helping monkeys--"I'll get you my little pretty, and your little dog too!"

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 3