Panglao Island/Alona Beach

Reboot
Posted
Posted

So a week after I leave for Cebu City it's my Birthday.

This place isn't too far away.

Anyone familiar and had a great place to stay that they can recommend...or an awful place to avoid?

And any other tidbits to share?

I guess if I get drunk enough, it's all the same in the end.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Reboot said:

I guess if I get drunk enough, it's all the same in the end.

:smile: :thumbsup:  Spoken like a true Ex-Pat Sir :cheers:

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I used Airnb to get a great little apartment in Panglao overlooking the river onto the city of Tagbilaran. It's owned by an Italian/German. If I remember correctly it was called La Vella. 5 mins to the city where there's a little mall, cinema and a few restaurants. Ideal location to set off on the usual tourist trips to the Chocolate Hills, Lobok river cruise etc. I found the beaches OK but nothing like the ones on Boracay or El Nido , Corong Corong etc. Motorbike hire was about 500 php and the owner also jacked up a car and driver for the day allowing me to do all the main attractions.

I'll probably reserve something next week after I get to Cebu City. Also been watching vlogs where they rent a motorbike and head to the Chocolate Hills. Looks like that would be a lot of fun!

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bohol Vantage resort. Amazing views from the restaurant and your own private balcony. Far from the beach tho (10min bike ride), but the views are awesome. Hotel itself was in a very shiny condition 1,5 years ago. Owned by German if i remember correctly. Cost/what you get ratio in Alona beach was quite shit in my eyes... 

Roads are quite good and not that much traffic. A bike is a good idea to see the island.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Bohol Vantage resort. Amazing views from the restaurant and your own private balcony. Far from the beach tho (10min bike ride), but the views are awesome. Hotel itself was in a very shiny condition 1,5 years ago. Owned by German if i remember correctly. Cost/what you get ratio in Alona beach was quite shit in my eyes... 

Roads are quite good and not that much traffic. A bike is a good idea to see the island.

I stayed here about 5 years ago and it was very nice.  Food was good and a very clean place.  They arranged a car and driver for our day tour of the island and it was reasonable.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The only time I went to Bohol really liked it, but ran into a cyclone after a few days and had to fly out as boats were not operating.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 2/21/2017 at 3:13 AM, Reboot said:

Also been watching vlogs where they rent a motorbike and head to the Chocolate Hills. Looks like that would be a lot of fun!

During wet season the hills may not be chocolate, but rather green.   They turn brown during the dry season from lack of rain.  Still worth the trip in my opinion. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
On 21/02/2017 at 6:13 AM, Reboot said:

I'll probably reserve something next week after I get to Cebu City. Also been watching vlogs where they rent a motorbike and head to the Chocolate Hills. Looks like that would be a lot of fun!

We enjoyed the Loboc cruise, was lot's of fun and a tour round the Island, stayed on Alona Beach, was ok for a visit but caters for tourists and the prices reflect that and the beach imo is only so-so. Good for a couple of days, next time would spend more time exploring the island, have fun.:7500:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Domino22
Posted
Posted

On Alona Beach avoid Alona Kew. My room no toilet paper - used disposable razor left in shower - 2 light bulbs out - internet did not work -pub hairs in the shower - oh ya no towels at all to take a shower! Dirty Dirty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2