Market day and a nice surprise ( Clean and Tidy)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If that is the general condition of the market I am impressed and shall have to try Valencia market.  What day of the week is it on?  Every day or once a month or?   I ask because we have an interesting market in Sibulan that only occurs once a month.  It is always on the 13th and tied to some event at the church.  The regular Sibulan public market is just like any other, nothing special, same as the downtown market in Dumaguete, nothing special (although they do have a guy there who makes genuine leather belts for a good price and that's unusual).  Then there is the organic market in Daro, nice but nothing special, and the Wednesday market in Zamboangita which has some interesting tourist crafts and lots of other stuff.

So the Valencia market seems to be the only nearby market which is nice and clean and has space to walk without getting shoved by passersby.  Tell us more about where and when to find it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Tell us more about where and when to find it.

18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

re about where and when to find it.

Well it is the Sunday Market and as far as I can tell you (I am not that Conversant with Valencia) it is on the big open PlPlaza

I only came across it by Chance. I will try and find out more but I am sure those here that live that way can tell you more.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I only came across it by Chance. I will try and find out more but I am sure those here that live that way can tell you more.

Ah OK! So as I suspected, it is a Sunday Market and it Starts early and is usually Finished up by 11am it is on the Dumaguete side of the Main Open Area in the Centre of Valencia Proper. it is Opposite the bar called the Red Table (Which is what I was looking For when I saw this market) When I say early I would suspect 7.30 am Time. Happy Hunting My friends :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was there this morning.It is a very good market with a wide range of products.The cauliflower is very inexpensive.They also have a wide variety of shrubs and plants for the garden.

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

I took this photo of a market stall in Iloilo one Chrismastide seven or eight years ago. I was impressed with care with which every thing was displayed.

Market1.gif

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So the Valencia market seems to be the only nearby market which is nice and clean and has space to walk without getting shoved by passersby.  Tell us more about where and when to find it.

5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ah OK! So as I suspected, it is a Sunday Market and it Starts early and is usually Finished up by 11am it is on the Dumaguete side of the Main Open Area in the Centre of Valencia Proper. it is Opposite the bar called the Red Table (Which is what I was looking For when I saw this market) When I say early I would suspect 7.30 am Time.

It is every Sunday, get there by 8am to have all selections available. If you wait until some vendors will be gone and everything will be picked over pretty well. The street between the school and the tennis courts is blocked off, vendors are on both sides of the street as well as down the center.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ah OK! So as I suspected, it is a Sunday Market and it Starts early and is usually Finished up by 11am it is on the Dumaguete side of the Main Open Area in the Centre of Valencia Proper. it is Opposite the bar called the Red Table (Which is what I was looking For when I saw this market) When I say early I would suspect 7.30 am Time. Happy Hunting My friends :thumbsup:

Just so we all understand :89: Jack.... You were searching for Red Table Bar Sunday morning at 7:30AM and noticed a market.

Just what is it we were hunting? :popcorn:

Back on topic... On Bantayan Island in the town of Bantayan proper the dried fish market was so clean and well organized we were amazed. Both market buildings were new due to the storm damage. I brought back about 40 lbs of dried fish that trip.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I brought back about 40 lbs of dried fish that trip.

40 lbs of dried pish?  What kind of Filipino are you?

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I went to Bais and that market is also very clean.There are also several CRs in valencia and they are quite clean.

• Like 1