PhilHealth rate increase for foreigners

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anybody seen this yet?  It seems that PhilHealth finally realized all us kanos are rich. New rates start 1JUL2017. Good thing I am listed as a dependent on my wife's account.

5. How much is the annual premium contribution rate for foreign nationals?

5.1 Php 15,000.00/annum – for foreign retirees registered in PRA
5.2 Php 17,000.00/annum – for other foreign citizens
Having been covered under a Joint PhilHealth-PRA Memorandum, foreign retirees registered in PRA will have a lower annual premium rate. The PRA will help PhilHealth facilitate enrollment of foreign retirees.

Source: https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2017/TS_circ2017-0003.pdf

~Edit~

Someone on Facebook said they heard we can longer be on the spouse's cheap account... I will have to look into that. At this price - they can keep it.

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Anybody seen this yet?  It seems that PhilHealth finally realized all us kanos are rich. New rates start 1JUL2017. Good thing I am listed as a dependent on my wife's account.

~Edit~

Someone on Facebook said they heard we can longer be on the spouse's cheap account... I will have to look into that. At this price - they can keep it.

Yes Tim maybe for a 1/3 more premium you could get insurance to cover yourself.Not your spouse or children,from a better supplier.

Edited by sonjack2847
removed repeated word,must have stuttered.
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

~Edit~

It says it right in the circular:

Foreign nationals are required to enroll as member and shall not be covered as
dependent by their Filipino Spouse.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think its great.  In the last 10 years I saved 24,0000 pesos by NOT buying PhilHealth and in the next 10 years I will save 170,000 pesos by NOT buying PhilHealth :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  How's that for the glass being half full :whistling:

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think its great.  In the last 10 years I saved 24,0000 pesos by NOT buying PhilHealth and in the next 10 years I will save 170,000 pesos by NOT buying PhilHealth :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  How's that for the glass being half full :whistling:

That is a lot of beer money! (or as I tell my wife... my drugs and hooker money ha ha)

• Like 5

davewe
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It says it right in the circular:

Foreign nationals are required to enroll as member and shall not be covered as
dependent by their Filipino Spouse.

I am not seeing the above reference.

However, there are a couple of interesting facts. First they require an ACR card to enroll, which some guys who use the Balikbayan privilege don't have (although I always figured I'd get one anyway).

Secondly, PhilHealth Z is excluded completely. A well known expat recently spoke highly of the Z plan, which helped reduce the cost of his heart bypass operation considerably. Doesn't sound like a foreigner will be able to use that in the future.

davewe
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, davewe said:

I am not seeing the above reference.

However, there are a couple of interesting facts. First they require an ACR card to enroll, which some guys who use the Balikbayan privilege don't have (although I always figured I'd get one anyway).

Secondly, PhilHealth Z is excluded completely. A well known expat recently spoke highly of the Z plan, which helped reduce the cost of his heart bypass operation considerably. Doesn't sound like a foreigner will be able to use that in the future.

OK I looked at the complete circular, and yes it does say that, unfortunately. Since the circular doesn't take effect till July, I am hoping to have my wife enroll before then.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, davewe said:

OK I looked at the complete circular, and yes it does say that, unfortunately. Since the circular doesn't take effect till July, I am hoping to have my wife enroll before then.

Yes, sorry, I was looking at the full circular when I wrote that.  For others, the full circular is 2017-03 at the top of this link.  The statement is #1 in section VIII.

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2017/

I don't understand what you said about your wife.  She will not be able to have you as a dependent after July 1.

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, sorry, I was looking at the full circular when I wrote that.  For others, the full circular is 2017-03 at the top of this link.  The statement is #1 in section VIII.

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2017/

I don't understand what you said about your wife.  She will not be able to have you as a dependent after July 1.

I guess I was hoping that if we enrolled before July 1, then we would get a year with the current rules and fees.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes Tim maybe for a 1/3 more premium you could get insurance to cover yourself.Not your spouse or children,from a better supplier.

who would that be Kev?  I assume it would very much depend on age, I am 66 now, do you have anywhere I can have a look at the rates ie. website?

• Like 2