PhilHealth rate increase for foreigners

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, but the question is, is that until July 1 only?  I don't see anything in the circular about a grandfather clause.

We will be going there soon so I will also see if I can find out any detail.

Well the item I put up are from the new rules and would have thought all is noted :smile:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I don't know the exact percent JP, but it was just a small amount-- nowhere near ten percent.

17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You caught me.  Yes I was self insured so I don't know how much I would have saved if I could have submitted my bill to Phil Health.  I have been hospitalized once and had a cuple gfs hospitalized with no PhilHealth (using DaveHealth only) so I honestly do not know if I saved or lost doing it my way. :89:  I only know I had no worries :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681: as the bill was affordable.

There is another side of PhilHealth that has not been addressed yet. That is the preset pricing they have per item. It isn't just what percentage of the bill they pay, it is also how much lower the bill is to start with. I wouldn't have bothered with PhilHealth if they didn't have "price protection" built in.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

That is the preset pricing they have per item

They do not pay their preset pricing that is online and on the wall of the hospital. They have a secret formula and don't try to get them to explain.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

PHILHEALTH CIRCULAR

My current thoughts:

I am paid for 2017 and am going to look into paying for 2018 and 2019 as others have done.

I may decide to continue coverage, not based on the annual benefits alone, but the addition ability to avail of the Lifetime Member Program (Specific Provisions sentence #2, page 4) once I reach 62 (the cutoff age is 60 but I won't have paid 10 years until 62)

Due to the restrictions in the benefits of foreigner members (Benefits, page 3), both my wife and I will have accounts, keeping her "Z-Benefit package" and "Special Privileges of Women About To Give Birth (WATGB)" coverage.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

My current thoughts:

I think I shall wait until after the July 1 implementation date to decide if it will be implemented :hystery: Many things in Philippines do not work the way they are written but this may be the one that sticks (it to the foreigners).

My concern is that this decree seems to have been rushed through by "acting president and CEO RAMON F ARISTOZA JR." back in January.  So I have to wonder who died and made him the boss as the President and CEO of PhilHealth seems to be a new person, Dr. Celestina Ma. Jude P. De la Serna , who may or may not enable these changes:

PhilHealth names new interim president and CEO

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Apr 11 2017 09:36 AM | Updated as of Apr 11 2017 10:22 AM

The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) has named its new Interim Officer-in-charge, President and Chief Executive Officer.

In a news release dated April 10, PhilHealth said the board of directors in a special meeting unanimously voted Dr. Celestina Ma. Jude P. De la Serna to the position following the resignation of Dr. Hildegardes C. Dineros. . . .

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have decided not to renew, I went in two weeks ago and they informed me that foreigners are now to be billed P17,500 per annum. Exceptions are people holding a retirement visa wherein they will be billed P15,000 per annum. I paid quarterly and even though the first two payments were at the old rate, any future payments would be at the new rate.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

...any future payments would be at the new rate.

Guys on Facebook are saying they have been told by PhilHealth officials that we can pay up to 3 years in advance.  If paid before1JUL2017 you get the same rate (p2,400 a year).  I have not seen anything in writing to that effect, but it certainly may be true. Worth looking into, in any case.

insite
Posted
Posted

We asked this question in Davao and were told that top up payments would be required in terms of advance payments after implementation of the new rates - will look into it again this week but as stated earlier by Dave we are unsure it will actually be implemented as yet

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Will the 17000 cover the family or must Fe get her own 2400 policy?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

PHILHEALTH CIRCULAR

My current thoughts:

I am paid for 2017 and am going to look into paying for 2018 and 2019 as others have done.

I may decide to continue coverage, not based on the annual benefits alone, but the addition ability to avail of the Lifetime Member Program (Specific Provisions sentence #2, page 4) once I reach 62 (the cutoff age is 60 but I won't have paid 10 years until 62)

Due to the restrictions in the benefits of foreigner members (Benefits, page 3), both my wife and I will have accounts, keeping her "Z-Benefit package" and "Special Privileges of Women About To Give Birth (WATGB)" coverage.

Between now and when I get to Phils in July (great timing on my part), I intend to go out and get myself pregnant.

• Like 3