Expats, What's the strangest item you brought to Philippines?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Some of the ones he looks after for others are supposed to be worth $10k.

Scratching Head.jpg I have heard this but They are only as good as their last fight. :shades:

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg I have heard this but They are only as good as their last fight. :shades:

They're Cuban blood lines. Cuban fighters are prized across Latin America...during my time in Venezuela people would brag that their birds had Cuban blood...but the Cuban birds all have some Filipino blood if you go far back enough, they say. 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Reboot said:

What about OUT of the country?

My brother in law's brother keeps fighting cocks. Yes I know it is illegal in the US, but boys will be boys. I am thinking some of those Filipino cocks might fetch a good price. Some of the ones he looks after for others are supposed to be worth $10k.

My father in law and the mayor who did our civil wedding ceremony wanted me to bring back some fertilized eggs for prize US fighting cocks. There are still 2 or 3 US states where cockfighting is still legal. After some research I realized that was no small undertaking with all the export/import controls, etc. Plus just the logistics of flying half way around the world with fertilized eggs which need to be kept warm and hoping at least a few will make it and hatch.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Figuring out a way could at least defray travel expenses!

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was traveling with one suitcase and a backpack. Strangest thing I had with me? A geiger counter. as I wasn't planning on stopping here permanently and wanted to continue on and see Chernobyl for myself. 

Why? The Russian ones are cheap and good. Don't ask how I would know this....LOL.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

Why? The Russian ones are cheap and good. Don't ask how I would know this....LOL.

Thought I might also go to Japan first, doesn't hurt to have a backup, and thought it would be interesting to just check randomly as I traveled.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well this guy I could not leave behind so he got packed in a box and is here today. 

red bear.jpg

• Like 5