Expats, What's the strangest item you brought to Philippines?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well this guy I could not leave behind

Aww, so sweet.  You could not 'bear' to leave him behind.  Yep that's the strangest, until we figure out you have a young son who will adore that one.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Well this guy I could not leave behind so he got packed in a box and is here today. 

red bear.jpg

Oh JGF.... You're a man after my own heart! Great pick to bring your red pal!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Oh JGF.... You're a man after my own heart! Great pick to bring your red pal!

Funny you know Queenie when I lived in Australia on my own that bear would sit on a chair in my computer room and some times I found myself talking to it. "What you looking at bear" 

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Funny you know Queenie when I lived in Australia on my own that bear would sit on a chair in my computer room and some times I found myself talking to it. "What you looking at bear" 

I'm totally with you on that JGF.:smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I found myself talking to it. "What you looking at bear"

Not so strange.  Mark Wahlberg did the same thing Ted (2012) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Strange to the locals - that would have to be my beloved King Kooker LP outdoor turkey fryer. It is still met with the same "oohs and aahs" as JP's can opener by those who have never seen one in action before. It makes short work of a turkey, duck or even three whole chickens at a time. It's really been a godsend, though, especially when my asawa and her barkada insist on frying up some of that stinky dried fish they crave - "take it outside", heh! Yeah, great...just what we need, yet another means to fry food in this land of fried food, but it's all good.  ;)

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Fighting rooster eggs shipped to the Philippines are called, "Texas." You buy them from dealers at an average cost of $50 each. From a highly reputable breeder, each egg could cost $200. If you see a Filipino on an in-bound flight lovingly carrying a blanket, it probably contains one or two dozen Texas. 

Both cocks and hens are used for breeding. It's the off springs that do the fighting. Price is no object to an aficionado because the betting runs into the millions. Sport bags are used to carry the money wrapped and bundled in plastic.It's an absolute honor system. They just declare how many millions are in the bag. No counting. The money is not unwrapped. Winners just use it to bet on the next fight.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
MikeCarenter
Posted
Posted

somehow i came with two suitcases which i thought i had sorted all out

one of my treasures was a knife sharpening stone set when i opened the box i had thought i had the sharpener but was a gun cleaning kit, glad i didnt have to explain that at customs

• Like 2