Buying a car

Eduardo Da Silva
Posted
Posted

Hi, my name is Eduardo.

I'm a brazilian living in Hong Kong, I'm trying to buy a car in the Philippines.

I've been contacting many sellers, some of them replied me, but the curious is that all the messages are quite similar. I'll attach here one message, to know if someone knows if is a fraud or not, thanks.

I am out of the country because of the health of my Wife's really all for me. My is the secretary of the Honda home in philippines.If I sell my car has a low price is to quickly get the money in the immediate time to care for the health of my Wife's brain tumor.I am seriously grateful to have such a good buyer
So if you are interested my caretaker will deliver you at your home in any city you are in  philippines without taking any shipping cost because  I have already paid for everything before leaving. So  the car is currently with the caretaker with all its documents already wrapped, which are updated such as the  Deed of Absolute sale ,Official Receipt and Certicate Receipt of the car,service card ,warranty of the car, xerox, copy of my  valid i.d. with specimen signature from me ;and all the documents pertaining for the 
car............... , but i'm sure and very sure that you will like my car.regarding the payment I have already let the set with my care taker he will explain how you are going to proceed to payment.So if all are ok  for you,just leave me 
your full detail first following this form that my caretaker have left me so that i can send it to him.and then he will contact you regarding the 
appropriate date of delivery .

full name... 

City ... .

Delivery Address ... ... ..

Zipcode.....

Mobile phone ... ... 

adress email.............

once this full detail on my side,i will send it to my caretaker and he contact you for the rest.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Eduardo Da Silva said:

I've been contacting many sellers, some of them replied me, but the curious is that all the messages are quite similar. I'll attach here one message, to know if someone knows if is a fraud or not, thanks.

Welcome.jpg but as with may things here, Buyer Beware, Buying is one thing getting it transferred (paperwork) is another :whistling:

jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Agree with the above.

I gave my jeep to someone without transferring title but with special limited power of attorney to dispose (sell) the vehicle, drawn up at a lawyers office for 500 pesos. They sold the jeep and the owner got good title. If someone is really using an agent and it is not fraud, the agent needs something similar. If it's a forced sale for money for an emergency, they would take the car to a car lot rather than wait for a random person online to inquire. Be careful.

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

danger 

:Caught:

Will Robinson

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Eduardo Da Silva
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for your posts. I went a bit  forward on my negociation Just to see his Modus Operandi. I told that I was affraid of the Nigerian mafia acting in the Philippines, the guy become angry and I asked him why he was using a Benin number. He replied that he was on vacation. To be short, he sent an email telling me to deposit some amount of Money to prove that I was a serious buyer and that amount would be deducted from the car balance. I told him, let's let's stop whith the game, because now was confirmed that he was a scammer. By the way, I bought a second hand Toyota Revo.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Reedster
Posted
Posted

Anyone have a handle on how expensive auto insurance is?