Logical Thinking....Not

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the warning. My stepson will be happy. They already closed the schools the day it was raining heavy here in Davao.

Wife found out on Facebook so I suppose she will check again Monday morning.

Gas
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jpbago said:

Transport groups to stage nationwide transport strike anew on Monday, February 27

The plan is to phase out jeepneys 15 years and older for safety and environmental purposes yet the owners are going to disrupt the entire country by striking. Schools are closed nationwide. Hospitals, call center, all workplaces will be affected and these are the people who have no ability to change the new law or get to work. If an 18 year old jeepney has not paid for itself by now, then they should try something else. Complete 3rd world craziness. On the plus side, no pollution for 1 day.

http://philnewsph.com/2017/02/25/transport-groups-to-stage-nationwide-transport-strike-anew-on-monday-february-27/

Where does it say that schools are closed nationwide? 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gas said:

Where does it say that schools are closed nationwide? 

On your cell phone and Facebook. (Philippine Emergency Communication System) Our girls got the GM yesterday.

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jpbago said:

On your cell phone and Facebook. (Philippine Emergency Communication System) Our girls got the GM yesterday.

Must be a local thing, as i just asked my sales ladies if they had received any messages and none of them have here in Luzon. 

My kids go to the University of the Philippines and they have classes tomorrow. 

Edited by Gas

jpbago
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Gas said:

Must be a local thing, as i just asked my sales ladies if they had received any messages and none of them have here in Luzon. 

My kids go to the University of the Philippines and they have classes tomorrow. 

I see that all public schools in Makati will be closed as well as all De La Salle University and UE at all levels. GMA news on twitter.

https://twitter.com/walangpasok?lang=en

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some of those jeepneys were 10 or more years old before being imported and converted to jeepney use and registered as "NEW". I can see the point.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, intrepid said:

I have just come back from an early morning delivery and the schools in the 8 towns i passed through in Laguna are all open, so schools are not closed nationwide. There are also jeeps plying there normal routes, however it seems there are less than a normal Monday morning. 

Edited by Gas
  • Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

It was even quieter than usual here this morning, with less busses passing by. A few Ceres bus have gone by, so I guess they are not boycotting in sympathy for the older busses and jeepneys.:smile:  There are some ancient busses that ply these routes here, so they might already be affected. There was school here today for children living in the province.

• Like 2