Logical Thinking....Not

jpbago
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Gas said:

Must be a local thing, as i just asked my sales ladies if they had received any messages and none of them have here in Luzon. 

My kids go to the University of the Philippines and they have classes tomorrow. 

Other schools that announced the suspension of classes in all levels include Adamson University, Guadalupe Catholic School, Far Eastern University, Lyceum of the Philippines University, Colegio de San Juan de Letran and the University of the Philippines in Manila.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/02/27/1676168/classes-suspended-transport-strike

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We have jeepneys running here but I have not noticed if any of the schools are closed.My daughters school is closed but that is because they have a sports festival,why they dont wait until school closes defies all logic as the end of term is not faraway.As the original poster said "no logic"

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

It was even quieter than usual here this morning, with less busses passing by. A few Ceres bus have gone by, so I guess they are not boycotting in sympathy for the older busses and jeepneys.:smile:  There are some ancient busses that ply these routes here, so they might already be affected. There was school here today for children living in the province.

I live about a mile from the main road but we sent our boy to school anyway on tricycle to main road. He didn't return so I guess jeepneys were running here in Davao.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We had to go to Cebu on business so we texted twice last Monday and Wednesday that we were coming on Friday 24, 2017. We get there and they are closed. Sign on the door says that Feb 24 is a holiday. Only in Cebu, it is their charter day but they never told us. We texted today and they don't answer.

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jpbago said:

Other schools that announced the suspension of classes in all levels include Adamson University, Guadalupe Catholic School, Far Eastern University, Lyceum of the Philippines University, Colegio de San Juan de Letran and the University of the Philippines in Manila.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/02/27/1676168/classes-suspended-transport-strike

Classes at UP were only suspended this morning, however all of the other public schools i have passed today are open. Just goes to show a lot of what is shared on Facebook is false information.

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2017 at 9:55 AM, jpbago said:

Transport groups to stage nationwide transport strike anew on Monday, February 27

I left Mabolo around 05:45 Monday morning and drove to Danao to catch the Ro-Ro to Camotes. I did notice a significant lack of jeepny traffic, but only really in Cebu City / Mandaue. The further north I got the more jeepny's. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gator said:

I left Mabolo around 05:45 Monday morning and drove to Danao to catch the Ro-Ro to Camotes. I did notice a significant lack of jeepny traffic, but only really in Cebu City / Mandaue. The further north I got the more jeepny's. 

Must have been pleasant!

• Like 1