"The Philippines" (what do We want from the islands)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Finding where to put this was a thing I decided here, it is not about our Filipina's, not about the Culture, it is mainly about US!( the Foreigner)

Yes we can all moan about so many things (and we do) It is no secret that I love it here and the people But there are days when even I, can get Sooo aggravated by it all. So with all we have to put up with, our Whinges about This and That, the Brownouts and Price hikes I ask you What do we want from these People and their Land, Many times a question will come up, why are we here and we get many answers but let me ask the Question from another Angle, What do you want from it all, what do you expect over the next 5 years.

For me as a kick off, *I had travelled the World for many years in another time and when the time came to settle for my Retirement I chose here because the lifestyle would and does suit me I could make the money fit the Living required * I Read many Blogs from many disgruntled people I read bad mouths on other Forums, I ask myself why are they here then? the answers of course are  probably it is the only Country that they can afford to be in, and get away with so much, it is not of course, we know from many Topics and Posts that there are places equal and in a lot of cases Cheaper, So why here?

Not going to Waffle any more I am sure that our members here are much more intelligent and thoughtful to give proper answers ( Not just the sort of thing we read about, "Wine women and Song")

SO, What do we (the Foreigner) want, from the Philippines 

Please G & G's let's do this from a personal angle not the family and the lovely wife/Hubby thing, we know all that from the past Topics It would be nice to hear about ourselves for once :Yes::thumbsup:

OK it is Sunday Morning and I have time on my hands, if you don't want to do this it's OK  but and there is always a but the naysayers will upset me if they start, sometimes we need to be serious.:shades:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Love.

Family and friends who live there that we love.

And a certain Australian guy there who owes me a cold beer. You know who you are sir! :7500:

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

As a non resident (expat)

I have the privilege of looking at the inside from the outside!

I could tell you about all the nice things about Philippines or some of the not so nice things, which have been said before.

I sure could do with some of that sunshine right now. However looking from a practical point of view. the cost of living defines

the life style one can enjoy in PI. The feel good factor comes from not having the stresses that come with living in the West;

The bottom line, I feel for most Ex-pat's, is being able to keep reasonably fit and well, the rest falls into place.

Do I envy you Guys n Gals, you bet your life I do! :tiphat:

Queenie, sure hope your Hubby is well on the mend and better days ahead.....God bless

Thanks for the kind words Kuya John, I told him and he was glad to hear it.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

In America at least, I think that people embrace success and good fortune in their fellow man

In the west, we are taught about 'crab mentality'.  We are taught that when you want to succeed at something there will be 9 people telling you it cannot be done for every 1 person who says "there may be a way".  So we are taught to try and try and look for ways to succeed at something rather than listen to the 9 who say it cannot be done.  To me, that is similar to crab mentalilty and it is evidenced on this very forum.  How many people come here and want to do something that "cannot be done" and yet they do it anyway?  Note:  Quite often it really can NOT be done but the point is that we westerns will try and try until we succeed at getting what we need from living here.  Locals often give up, believing they will never reach their dreams so why even try.  Many of those locals learn from the "western mentality" (as opposed to the crab mentality) and go on to accomplish great things so we do bring some good with us.

• Like 4