U.S Embassy Phone & Contact Information

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I am having problems contacting the embassy about my daughter's CRBA and passport.  It has been almost 3 months since we filed at the embassy outreach in Subic on December 7th.

I e-mailed American Citizens Services (ACS) around 2 weeks ago and got the standard "allow 3 business days" reply.  Waited over a week and forwarded it again.  Still no replay after a week.  In the past, my e-mails to ACS (acsinfomanila@state.gov) were answered within 3 days/

So now I am trying to call 0632 301-2000 from our landline and getting "this number is not in service yet".  I can't find another number.  In the past, ACS had a direct number that you could call only a few hours a day, but I can't find it on the website.

I also sent a message this morning on the embassy facebook page.

=============================

OK, this was going to be a request for contact information, but I just looked in my other daughter's CRBA file and found all the contact info that no longer seems to be on the website.  I will share it.  I only validated that the citizenship number is working.

U.S. Embassy Main 63 02 301-2000

Backup 63 02 301 2166

Backup 63 02 301 2177

Citizenship 63 02 301 2532

Passport 63 02 301 2555

Citizenship and passport phone hours are 1-3 pm Mon-Wed-Thu as per the recording.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info.  Hope you get it squared away.  How soon is your trip?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Thanks for the info.  Hope you get it squared away.  How soon is your trip?

We leave May 5th, so a bit over 2 months.

When we got my older daughter's tourist visa at the embassy, he said we could go upstairs and check on the CRBA / passport.  He mentioned that they have a backlog.  At the time, I thought we had plenty of time, so no worries.  Only now I am getting a bit nervous.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We leave May 5th, so a bit over 2 months.

When we got my older daughter's tourist visa at the embassy, he said we could go upstairs and check on the CRBA / passport.  He mentioned that they have a backlog.  At the time, I thought we had plenty of time, so no worries.  Only now I am getting a bit nervous.

My wife Judy has a current green card but changed her mind about going back to PI to see her mother with a medical emergency.  Our main concern is possible problems at LAX immigration upon return.  You guys heard anything about returning back to the states even though you have a blue passport or a valid green card?  

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Jake  you're golden..unless you are from one of the seven.

Funny thing if you listen to the news they are coming to take Fe away.

Fe won't believe that, but is waiting for the huge eruption on Negros to take out our lot in Cebu,

It's true too she read it on facebook..planets are all aligned so must be earthqukes and eruptions in the first week of March sure hope all our friends in the islands are okay:boohoo:

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

My wife Judy has a current green card but changed her mind about going back to PI to see her mother with a medical emergency.  Our main concern is possible problems at LAX immigration upon return.  You guys heard anything about returning back to the states even though you have a blue passport or a valid green card?  

What type of problems are you concerned about?

Your wife should have nothing to worry about unless she is planning to stay there a long time.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What type of problems are you concerned about?

Your wife should have nothing to worry about unless she is planning to stay there a long time.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

Perhaps Judy and I are being a little paranoid about the current re-entry/immigration policy that may be subject to change, depending on the mood he's in.  One of these days, some illegals from Mars will piss him off and he would tweet out a new immigration ban(s).  

Oh well, we will cross the bridge when we get there.......

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

In the past, my e-mails to ACS (acsinfomanila@state.gov) were answered within 3 days

I sent an email to that address last week (23 February) about my passport renewal and I got a call the next day. They had my new passport and I received it yesterday, COD by Air21)

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

You guys heard anything about returning back to the states even though you have a blue passport or a valid green card?  

My understanding is there was confusion do to the speed of the new policy (implemented before all points of entry had the actual rules) so several people were detained that should not have been as immigration was awaiting clarification). That has all been resolved now and only affected individuals from the 7 listed countries - not from the Philippines. If 'the worst' happened, it might mean a day hanging around the airport. A very small risk and even smaller possibility, if it was my wife I would feel comfortable with her visiting her mother without a worry about immigration at all.

• Like 5