How Filipinas choose a mate

robert k
Posted
Posted

Seems to me there isn't a single filipina formula. Some might prefer a foreigner guy you could dig a hole behind so you don't have to carry him far when the time comes. Some seem to prefer marrying someone they grew up with and have known for 20 years and a wide range of options between those two.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, i am bob said:

Hmmm...  Good thing you and I are Canadians...  Hey!  You're married!    Oh, horse puckies...  I'm going to be too in a few months...  Guess we'll just have to leave it all to the Yanks...  

:mocking:

Bob!!! Wow good to have you back. Getting married, that explains the absence.... You've been " busy " well done!

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, i am bob said:

Hmmm...  Good thing you and I are Canadians...  Hey!  You're married!    Oh, horse puckies...  I'm going to be too in a few months...  Guess we'll just have to leave it all to the Yanks...  

In a few months, you will change from I am Bob to......I was Bob.  You will be assimilated, resistance is futile.  Good to hear from you again!

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well Emma says she chose me because i made her smile and i make he laugh too.

We are a great act , we laugh together we sometimes cry together too.

Am i rich compared to many no, but i am richer then a few i know , I am no fool , but when you are in a life style like we are you do see many people who you just want to say grow up , but the problem there is they are like your dad or even grandad so saying that its kind of funny.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well Emma says she chose me because i made her smile and i make he laugh too.

Let me guess, she smiled when you said you had 8 inches and she laughed when she looked and you said "Yes that IS 8 inches" :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

Its always good to have a sense of humor to laugh and help others to laugh.  Unfortunately many filipinas do not "get" the jokes other foreigners tell so they often laugh out of politeness.  

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, i am bob said:

Good to hear from you, Bob. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. How far north are you moving to?

For me, never been married. I am on my 2nd common law relationship. Not much experience compared to most of the rest in this field.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Good to hear from you, Bob. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. How far north are you moving to?

For me, never been married. I am on my 2nd common law relationship. Not much experience compared to most of the rest in this field.

Maybe Cavite / Gen Trios area...  Maybe an hour up the highway from Davao...  Hehe!  Not sure yet!

Thanks for the congrats!  We will probably do the same (commonlaw) for at least the first year...  Make sure we are good for each other when living together...  But things have gone really quick so far...  Who knows?

:whistling:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

Bob!!! Wow good to have you back. Getting married, that explains the absence.... You've been " busy " well done!

Thanks!  But actually it was the writing, setting up a business (based in Canada), along with the marketing for both that took all my time...  I decided to drop a client who didn't listen so I've got a bit more free time now.

• Like 3